"Long live the popular front"
"The popular front is dead. Long live the popular front."
Is the broad front of groups that movements entered into this year to defeat Trump dead already? Or does that broad front represent the basis for the progressive majority that many aspire to build?
Organizers are celebrating after playing a likely decisive role in defeating Trump at the voting booth. And they are gearing up for the chaos of the Presidential transition, and the long fight that follows.
What lessons can we take from the election about the role our groups have played, and where do we stand in relationship to the voters we moved, the groups we allied with, and with one another? Are we prepared for the non-electoral and electoral battles that lie ahead? Hosts Adam Gold and Rishi Awatramani return to discuss these post-election themes with guests Jon Liss from New Virginia Majority, Purvi Shah from Movement Law Lab, Branden Snyder from Detroit Action, and Philadelphia City Councilmember Kendra Brooks.
Detroit Action webinar
Reclaiming Our Victories
Detroit Action was live. November 4 2020.
Battleground: Reclaiming Our Victories.
Organizations that have been organizing and let the Get Out The Vote in different battleground states come together to share about the powerful transformation in their states.
- Becca Guerra - Democracy Alliance
- Alejandra Gomez and Tomas E. Robles, Jr. - LUCHA
- Andrea Mercado, The New Florida Majority
- Art Reyes, We The People Michigan
- Brianna Brown and Michelle Tremillo, Texas Organizing Project
- Nse Ufot, New Georgia Project
- Branden Snyder, Detroit Action
- Angela Lang, BLOC
Staff & Board
Detroit Action Staff & Board, October 2020
- Cynthia Bell Detroit Action Ambassador
- Jennifer Disla Organizing Director
- Roshaun Harris Economic Justice Organizer
- Shoniqua Kemp Lead Organizer
- Laura Misumi Managing Director
- Alejandro Navarrete Data Manager
- Kudaja Navarrete Operations Manager
- Kelsey Rodriguez Digital Organizer
- Tenesa Sanders Housing Organizer
- Branden Snyder Executive Director
- Joanna Velazquez Digital Organizer
- Vanessa Velazquez Field Director
- Clark Washington Detroit Action Ambassador
- Kenny Williams Jr., MA Communications Manager
- Rashida Tlaib (U.S. Congress, MI-13)
- Roslyn Ogburn (Michigan State House, District 9)
- Gabriella Santiago-Romero (Wayne County Commission, District 4)
- Victoria Burton-Harris (Wayne County Prosecutor)
- Donavan McKinney (Michigan State House, District 3)
- Abraham Aiyash (Michigan State House, District 4)
- Helena Scott (Michigan State House, District 7)
- Rev. Kevin Harris (Michigan State House, District 10)