Josh Healey is an award-winning writer, performer, and creative activist. Fusing his distinct storytelling style with a subversive humor and fiery love for justice, Healey is a regular performer on NPR’s Snap Judgment. He has performed and led workshops at UC-Berkeley, Harvard, and over 200 colleges, high schools, and conferences across the country.
As program director for Youth Speaks, Healey spearheaded spoken word and youth empowerment programs across the Bay Area and the country. He helped coordinate two national projects that combined creative storytelling and environmental activism: Life is Living, a series of eco-equity hip-hop festivals that started in Oakland, and Brave New Voices: Speak Green, a partnership with Robert Redford’s Sundance Institute that amplified the voices of the nation’s top youth poets in the green movement. A recipient of the Mario Savio Young Activist Award, Healey believes in free speech and practices it to the fullest. Beginning this year, he is excited to work with Movement Generation, using art and creativity to lift up key stories of the ecological justice movement in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Brooke Anderson - MG Staff Collective Member
- Carla Maria Perez - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Cinthya Jeannette Munoz Ramos - MG Planning Committee Member
- Dave Henson - MG Planning Committee Member
- Doria Robinson - MG Planning Committee Member
- Ellen Choy - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Gopal Dayaneni - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Josh Healey - MG Staff Collective Member
- Michelle Mascarenhas-Swan - MG Staff Co-Director & MG Planning Committee Member
- Mateo Nube - MG Staff Co-Director & MG Planning Committee Member
- Quinton Sankofa - MG Staff Collective Member
- Sara Mersha - MG Planning Committee Member
"Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice"
Fruitvale Senior Center Wednesday 27 January 2016, "Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice" organized by Movement Generation.
- Kitzia Esteva from Causa Justa/Just Cause
- Devonte Jackson from Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Lara Kiswani from Arab Resource and Organizing Center
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Vivian Yi Huang, Ellen Choy, Carolina Prado, Paul Bubblehouse, Jessica Cook, Eli Isaacs, M. Solis Whelan, Megan Zapanta, Josh Cadji, Yosimar Reyes, Josh Healey, Mateo Nube, Lulu Palestina, Maria Alejandra Escalante, Espejo Ahumado, Erika Minkowsky, Layidua Salazar, Lara Kiswani, Nicolas Gonzalez Medina, Paul Bissember, Jacky Rivera, Alvina Wong, Zachariah Barghouti, Kelly Lou Densmore, Gerardo Omar Marin, Gerardo Omar Marin, Sharif Zakout, Micah Bazant, Terri Kay, Isaac Lev, Scott Parkin, Pulga Autonoma, Cayden Mak, Katina Castillo, Shiva Patel, Aimee Molina Cuellar, Luna Giulianna Reiley, Brooke Anderson.