New American Movement 10th convention
In 1981 Tom Lonergan, Detroit NAM and Debbie Goldman, Greater Boston NAM led a workshop entitled The Middle East at the 10th Convention of the New American Movement. The convention was held in a union headquarters in Chicago and ran from July 29 - August 2, 1981.
Business and Professional People for the Public Interest
In 2008, Debbie Goldman was listed as a sponsor/financial contributor to the Chicago based Business and Professional People for the Public Interest.
Take Back America
On March 17, 2008, at the Take Back America conference in Washington D.C. , Steve Abbott, Julius Genachowski, Debbie Goldman, Susan Ness and Josh Silver spoke in a session entitled "Media Reform and High-Speed Internet for Everyone". The description for the session was:
- "A high speed Internet connection will soon deliver nearly all media - television, radio, phone service, and of course, blogs and the Web. Join senior policy directors to Senators Obama and Clinton, along with the Communications Workers of America and Free Press to discuss the senators’ positions on media and how a broad coalition of labor, public interest and industry groups are uniting behind a national policy to bring fast, affordable, open Internet access to every American home."
DSA Labor Statement of Support for Danny Fetonte
In August 2017 a group of Democratic Socialists of America labor activists issued a joint statement of support for newly elected DSA NPC member Danny Fetonte. The group was fighting back against other DSAers wanting to remove Fetonte for his past work for a Texas law enforcement union.
- NAM 10th Convention Agenda, July 29, 1981
- [ https://democraticleft.dsausa.org/files/sites/6/2019/01/DL_1988_V016_03_final.pdf]
- BPI website: Board of Directors
- Campaign for America's Future website: Take Back America 2008 - Agenda (accessed on May 11, 2010)
- [https://www.Facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]
- DSA Labor Statement of Support for Danny Fetonte