- 1 "Social Justice in the Bay Area" open letter
- 2 Movement Generation delegation to Klimateforum09
- 3 Smartmeme advanced training
- 4 Ear to the Ground Project
- 5 Center for Story-based Strategy extended board
- 6 Catalyst advisory board
- 7 MG personnel
- 8 "Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice"
- 9 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 10 References
Gopal Dayaneni has been involved in fighting for social, economic, environmental and racial justice through organizing & campaigning, teaching, writing, speaking and direct action since the late 1980’s. He currently serves on the Staff Collective of Movement Generation: Justice and Ecology Project, which brings a strategic understanding of ecological crisis and transition to racial and economic justice organizing.
Gopal is an active trainer with and serves on the boards of The Ruckus Society and the Center for Story-based Strategy (formerly smartMeme). He also serves on the advisory boards of the [International Accountability Project], and Catalyst Project. Gopal works at the intersection of ecology, economy and empire.
Gopal has been a campaigner for Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition on human rights and environmental justice in the high-tech industry and the Oil Campaigner for Project Underground, a human rights and environmental rights organization which supported communities resisting oil and mining exploitation around the world. Gopal has been active in many people powered direct action movements, including the Global Justice/Anti-Globalization Movement, Direct Action to Stop the War, Mobilization for Climate Justice, Take Back the Land, and Occupy.
He currently serves on the staff of the Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project, which works to bring a strategic understanding of ecological crisis and transition to racial and economic justice organizers. Gopal also serves on the board of the International Accountability Project, is an active trainer and organizer with the Ruckus Society and a member of the Progressive Communicators Network. He works at the intersections of war, corporate globalization, global ecology, environmental justice and democracy.
Gopal was an elementary and early childhood educator, working formerly as a teacher and as the co-director of the Tenderloin Childcare Center, a community based childcare center supporting children and families forced into homelessness. He has worked in teacher education and education organizing in the US and briefly in India.
Most importantly, Gopal is the father of Ila Sophia and Kavi Samaka Orion. He lives in Oakland in an intentional, multi-generational community of nine adults, eight children and a bunch of chickens.
He is the partner of Martha Hoppe.
"Social Justice in the Bay Area" open letter
An Open Letter to Men Committed to Social Justice in the Bay Area - Calling on Men in the Bay Area to Stand Up for Reproductive Justice.
- On January 22nd, the right-wing anti-choice movement will be coming to San Francisco to shout their anti-human rights, anti-woman message in the streets. At this time when women's rights to abortion are being challenged by the Bush administration and questioned in the Democratic party, it is crucial that we as men join the sisters organizing in opposition to this right-wing march and say: REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE FOR ALL! 
Signatories included Gopal Dayaneni, Design Action Collective and Father .
Movement Generation delegation to Klimateforum09
- North American indigenous Delegation, Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project, and the Environmental Justice and Climate Change Initiative, along with other grassroots groups from the United States will deliver a letter to President Barack Obama demanding that the United States take real, rights-based approaches to climate change and ecological debt.
Speakers scheduled were:
- Diana Lopez- (Southwest Workers Union San Antonio, TX)
- Michele Roberts – (Advocates for Environmental Human Rights, LA/DC)
- Representatives from indigenous communities from the United States and Canada
- Moderator: Kalila Barnett (Alternatives for Communities and Environment, Boston, MA)
Other Resource people from many other organizations were also present, including: Gopal Dayaneni, Movement Generation; Alicia Garza, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (San Francisco, Right to the City, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Mari Rose Taruc, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (Movement Generation Bay Area network, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Richmond); Marisa Franco, Right to the City (NY); Roxana Aguilar, Strategic Actions for a Just Economy (Right to the City, Los Angeles); Jill Johnston, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Diana Lopez, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Jose Bravo, Just Transition Alliance (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, San Diego); Cecil Corbin-Mark, West Harlem Environmental Actiobn (Environmental Justice Leadership Forum, New York); Jacqui Patterson, Women of Color United (GA); and Diana Pei Wu, Movement Strategy Center (CA).
Smartmeme advanced training
Doyle Canning April 16, 2012:
2012 smartmeme advanced training underway! — with Emma Mulvaney-Stanak, Sujin Lee, Marjorie Childress, Trina Jackson, Lenina Nadal, Danielle Coates-Connor, Randy Jackson, Cindy Wiesner, Rishi Awatramani, Gopal Dayaneni and Kiara Nagel.
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Gopal Dayaneni was among those on the list. 
Center for Story-based Strategy extended board
- Amara Possian
- Celia Alario
- Gilda Haas
- Jacqueline Patterson
- Gopal Dayaneni
- Jihan Gearon
- Jonathan Smucker
- Miya Yoshitani
Catalyst advisory board
- Brooke Anderson - MG Staff Collective Member
- Carla Maria Perez - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Cinthya Jeannette Munoz Ramos - MG Planning Committee Member
- Dave Henson - MG Planning Committee Member
- Doria Robinson - MG Planning Committee Member
- Ellen Choy - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Gopal Dayaneni - MG Staff Collective Member & MG Planning Committee Member
- Josh Healey - MG Staff Collective Member
- Michelle Mascarenhas-Swan - MG Staff Co-Director & MG Planning Committee Member
- Mateo Nube - MG Staff Co-Director & MG Planning Committee Member
- Quinton Sankofa - MG Staff Collective Member
- Sara Mersha - MG Planning Committee Member
"Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice"
Fruitvale Senior Center Wednesday 27 January 2016, "Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice" organized by Movement Generation.
- Kitzia Esteva from Causa Justa/Just Cause
- Devonte Jackson from Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Lara Kiswani from Arab Resource and Organizing Center
Hosted by Ellen Choy and Gopal Dayaneni from Movement Generation
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Vivian Yi Huang, Ellen Choy, Carolina Prado, Paul Bubblehouse, Jessica Cook, Eli Isaacs, M. Solis Whelan, Megan Zapanta, Josh Cadji, Yosimar Reyes, Josh Healey, Mateo Nube, Lulu Palestina, Maria Alejandra Escalante, Espejo Ahumado, Erika Minkowsky, Layidua Salazar, Lara Kiswani, Nicolas Gonzalez Medina, Paul Bissember, Jacky Rivera, Alvina Wong, Zachariah Barghouti, Kelly Lou Densmore, Gerardo Omar Marin, Gerardo Omar Marin, Sharif Zakout, Micah Bazant, Terri Kay, Isaac Lev, Scott Parkin, Pulga Autonoma, Cayden Mak, Katina Castillo, Shiva Patel, Aimee Molina Cuellar, Luna Giulianna Reiley, Brooke Anderson.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Gopal Dayaneni.
- CP advisors, accessed November 2015
- Indymedia, Santa Cruz Indymedia | Health, Housing, and Public Services | Womyn An Open Letter to Men committed to Social Justice in the Bay Area by Rishi Awatramani and Chris Crass Friday Jan 14th, 2005 4:48 PM
- US Affected People of Color Urge Obama to be Champion in Climate Negotiations MEDIA ADVISORY / AVISO DE PRENSA For immediate release: December 15, 2009
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- Center for Story-based Strategy
- Catalyst Project advisory board, accessed November 25, 2015
- [http://movementgeneration.org/about/who-we-are/Movement generation about,
- "Migrant Rights in a Hostile Climate: From Border Wars to Ecological Justice"
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109