- 1 Memorial to Martin Chancey
- 2 DSA Feminist Commission
- 3 DSA Racial Diversity Task Force
- 4 California DSA “Key” list
- 5 DSA official
- 6 Working with Dorothy Healey
- 7 Democratic Socialists of America member
- 8 DSA Renegotiate NAFTA petition
- 9 DSA contact
- 10 DSA NPC member
- 11 Occupy San Diego
- 12 DSA 2011 leadership
- 13 Support for Bernie Sanders
- 14 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 15 DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
- 16 San Diego DSA Facebook group
- 17 DSA Facebook group
- 18 References
Virginia Franco is a San Diego based activist and partner of Herb Shore.
Memorial to Martin Chancey
In 1981, Grace Doucette, Andrew Feenberg, Anne Marie Feenberg, Virginia Franco, Ruth Heifetz, Muriel Jencks, Clint Jencks, Dorie Koppelman, Wally Koppelman, Fred Lonadier, Nick Nichols, Trudy Robideau, Herb Shore, Dave Strom, Jackie Tunberg, Bill Tunberg and Dick Walker signed a memorial to Martin Chancey for his work with the New American Movement.
DSA Feminist Commission
DSA Racial Diversity Task Force
In 1992 Virginia Franco was a member of the Democratic Socialists of America Racial Diversity Task Force - charged with finding ways of recruiting (and retaining) more "people of color" into the organization.
California DSA “Key” list
Working with Dorothy Healey
- We are two aging lefties from San Diego who owe a good part of our political, and even our personal lives, to Dorothy’s role in helping to create a democratic socialist left in San Diego...We credit her for the lesson that one can keep going even when the prospects for early success seem remote; that is one reason why San Diego Democratic Socialist of America continues to play a significant role in our community.
- Virginia Franco and Herb Shore
- October 2, 2006
Democratic Socialists of America member
- "DSA has formed a Political Action Committee—Democratic Socialists of America PAC (DSA PAC), which will raise funds to enable activity that supports or opposes candidates for federal office. By law, DSA is not permitted to expend its resources in support of or against candidates in partisan elections; however, DSA is permitted to form a PAC for this purpose...
- ...Only DSA members in good standing may contribute to the PAC. Because the law is so specific, all contributions are carefully screened to make sure that they are from members."
DSA Renegotiate NAFTA petition
In 2009 Virginia Franco, Democratic Socialists of America, signed a petition calling on President Barack Obama to Renegotiate NAFTA. The petition was initiated and circulated by Democratic Socialists of America.
DSA NPC member
- Theresa Alt
- David Duhalde
- Stuart Elliott
- Virginia Franco
- Paul Garver
- David Green
- Seth Hutchinson
- Barbara Joye
- Simone Morgen
- Michele Rossi
- Jason Schulman
- Joseph Schwartz
- Herb Shore
- Maria Svart
- Rannfrid Thelle
Occupy San Diego
- We had a successful march and rally a week ago, October 7, with a DSA contingent of about seven people, taking turns carrying the DSA banner. The march was from a downtown SD park to Civic Center. It was huge for this city's standards—an impressive 1500 marchers. We passed out lots of copies of the DSA Fact Sheet on the federal budget. A couple of DSAers, Pam Barratt and Virginia Franco spent this first night 'al fresco', with no tent.
- Since the first march and rally, DSA SD has participated with food donations two more times to the occupiers at Civic Center. Last night, we contributed 144 brownies at about 10:00 PM and displayed a sign. Although, late evening, we managed to show a sign expressing the SEBOR cover statement, and passing out the pamphlets. Someone mentioned we were going to be on their Facebook page. One young leadership occupier expressed interest in DSA, and said she would mail the brochure to her father in NYC, an economic conservative.
DSA 2011 leadership
- Theresa Alt (Ithaca, NY)
- Stuart Elliott (Wichita, KS)
- Paul Garver (Boston, MA),
- Virginia Franco (San Diego, CA)
- David Green (Detroit, MI)
- Barbara Joye (Atlanta, GA)
- Frank Llewellyn (New York, NY),
- Dan Michniewicz (Pinckney, MI)
- Simone Morgen (Columbus, OH),
- Joseph Schwartz (Philadelphia, PA)
- Peg Strobel (Chicago, IL)
Support for Bernie Sanders
Virginia Franco pledged support for Bernie Sanders through Labor for Bernie, a "nationwide network of labor activists, backing Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign."
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Women's Caucus Facebook group
San Diego DSA Facebook group
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of March 16, 2017 included Virginia Franco.
- 10th Anniversary Booklet for the New American Movement, 1981
- DSA Feminist Commission Directory, 1985
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- Memorandum, Steve tarzynski-May 26, 1992
- CA DSA Key list January 24 1993
- Possible California Local Reps. for August 5, 1989 Palo Alto Meeting
- CampaignMoney.com 2006 Cycle
- Democratic Left, Spring 2006
- Renegotiate NAFTA website: Signatories to the petition to President Barack Obama, April 16, 2008
-  DSA 2009 National Convention Evanston, Illinois November 13-15, 2009 report, DSA website, accessed June 11, 2010
- DSA Occupy page, accessed December 1, 2011
- Dem. left. Winter 2012