Dan Michniewicz is a Michigan activist.
DSA NPC newsletter August 20, 2020:
- We’d also like to thank the six nationally endorsed DSA candidates (Justin Farmer, Megan Green, Rebecca Parson, Mary Ellen Biggerstaff, Nada Elmikashfi, and Dan Michniewicz), who narrowly lost, for running and for all the comrades who put in work for all of the campaigns we’ve mentioned.
Democratic Socialists of America June 30 ·
DSA is proud to endorse Dan Michniewicz for Ann Arbor City Council Ward 5 in Michigan.
Dan is an organizer with Huron Valley Democratic Socialists of America and briefly served on our National Political Committee during his 9 years as a DSA member so far. As a worker in Ann Arbor’s food service industry & member of the County Food Council, knows the experiences of the city's working people and how they all lose out in the current system. Dan is fighting to make housing a human right through land trusts, tenants' rights, & social housing, for a local publicly-run utility, for economic fairness, and for defunding the police to fund social services.
City Council run
In 2020 Dan Michniewicz ran for for Ann Arbor City Council.
Colorado Transition Network
- I am one of the few who has conceded that the transportation of people and goods via fossil fuels is unsustainable and will soon prove too costly for the majority of people in the US and around the world.
- I can organize like minded people by suggesting that members of the soon-to-be-operational Democratic Socialists of America Fort Collins Local take part in the transition movement.
Occupy Fort Collins
- "At its monthly meeting in September, the Fort Collins Democratic Socialists of America branch did the initial organizing for Occupy Fort Collins. It then turned over all decision making to the general assembly. Many of the folks who stop by the occupation are receptive to DSA's message and interested in learning more about the organization. I managed the Occupy Fort Collins Facebook page and Twitter feed before leaving for New York to take part in the protest there."
DSA 2011 leadership
- Theresa Alt (Ithaca, NY)
- Stuart Elliott (Wichita, KS)
- Paul Garver (Boston, MA),
- Virginia Franco (San Diego, CA)
- David Green (Detroit, MI)
- Barbara Joye (Atlanta, GA)
- Frank Llewellyn (New York, NY),
- Dan Michniewicz (Pinckney, MI)
- Simone Morgen (Columbus, OH),
- Joseph Schwartz (Philadelphia, PA)
- Peg Strobel (Chicago, IL)
Huron Valley Democratic Socialists of America
In 2017, Dan Michniewicz was chair the Huron Valley Democratic Socialists of America health care committee.
- [ http://coloradotransitionnetwork.org/profile/DanMichniewicz?xg_source=profiles_memberList, CTNW page, accessed Jan. 15, 20012]
- DSA: DSA Members Participate in Occupy Wall Street (accessed on Nov. 2, 2011)
- Dem. left. Winter 2012