Susan Davis (CA)
- For other uses, see Susan Davis (disambiguation)
Supported by Council for a Livable World
The Council for a Livable World, founded in 1962 by long-time socialist activist and alleged Soviet agent, Leo Szilard, is a non-profit advocacy organization that seeks to "reduce the danger of nuclear weapons and increase national security", primarily through supporting progressive, congressional candidates who support their policies. The Council supported Susan Davis in his successful House of Representatives run as candidate for California.
Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
J Sreet endorsement
JStreet endorsed her again 2016.
- . Her personal connection to Israel, forged decades ago when she lived as a volunteer on Kibbutz Degania Bet, has helped to make her one of Capitol Hill’s most consistent champions for Middle East peace. 
Davis has been supported by EMILY's List during her campaigning.
New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
2018 Cuba visit
February 2018 Cuban President Raul Castro received a bicameral delegation of US lawmakers.
"During the meeting they discussed matters of interest to both countries," the Cuban government said in a statement.
The delegation, led by Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont,comprised of Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Michigan's Gary Peters, along with representatives Kathy Castor of Florida, Jim McGovern of Massachusetts and Susan Davis of California.
Leahy has been one of the most active politicians inside the Capitol in advocating the improvement of US-Cuba relations, which defrosted somewhat in 2014 under Barack Obama after half a century of tension.
Green New Deal
“I definitely think we’re making a difference,” said Masada Disenhouse, executive director of SanDiego350, who help organize numerous protests outside of Davis’ San Diego office. “There’s no question that Representative Davis is cosponsoring the Green New Deal as a direct result of our campaign.”
Davis said that pressure by activists was not a factor in her decision.
“As my constituents know, I always take a deliberative and thoughtful approach to legislation,” she said in an email. “It was important to me to study the bill and consult with experts and colleagues, and listen to my constituents carefully before signing onto such a broad proposal.”
The congresswoman posted the news on Twitter after she cosponsored the resolution, which calls on the federal government to draft legislation aimed at wiping out greenhouse emissions by 2030 while creating jobs in the renewable energy and other sectors.
DSA pressure on Yemen Bill
IE DSA - Inland Empire Democratic Socialists of America July 8 2019.
URGENT: Tomorrow, Tuesday 7/9, the House Rules Committee will consider whether to allow a floor vote on Rep. Ro Khanna's legislation to end US participation in the Saudi-led war in Yemen (Amendment 339 to the National Defense Authorization Act.) The DSA International Committee urges members to call their reps in support.
The Congressional switchboard is 202-225-3121. You can say something like:
“I urge you to co-sponsor, speak out for and vote for the Khanna-Schiff amendment to end all U.S. participation in the Saudi-UAE war in Yemen. Yemeni kids' lives are hanging on your vote.”
Key Congress members — If your Rep is on this list, please contact them immediately and urge them to cosponsor Amendment 339:
Pelosi, Hoyer, Engel, Smith, Lieu, Nadler, Lowey, Jim Himes, Ted Deutch, Brad Sherman, Meeks, Bass, Connolly, Susan Davis, Jim McGovern, Langevin, Moulton, Gallego, Houlahan, Cicilline, Slotkin, Mikie Sherrill, Luria, Spanberger, Wild, Malinowski.
- CLW website: Meet Our Candidates
- Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus website, accessed May 1, 2013
- J Street 2008 Annual Report
- J Street The political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans
- JStreetPAC 2016 Endorsees
- ARA endorsements 2012
- PDA May 2013 Educate Congress Digest Letter drops (191 in total – 105 in April )
- NDC Member List
- Patrick Leahy Press release, 02.16.18
- [https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/environment/story/2019-06-18/rep-susan-davis-cosponsors-green-new-deal-following-protests-in-san-diego?fbclid=IwAR0S6PXA5ZxL53djv9fs-9oC0Ae3pE3evIaAFXkMKV8FeyMcjhRpEfC4Iwg San Diego Union-Tribune, Rep. Susan Davis cosponsors Green New Deal following protests in San Diego 3074958_sd-me-davis-protest_HL_006.JPG SAN DIEGO, CA 3/19/2019:]