- 1 Democratic Socialists of America
- 2 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 3 DSA Conference delegate
- 4 "Foreclosure Five"
- 5 Atlanta Fighting Foreclosure Coalition
- 6 Poor Peoples’ Day
- 7 2011 DSA National Conference
- 8 DSA support for mayoral bid
- 9 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 10 DSA Immigrants Rights Committee
- 11 Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- 12 DSA North Star
- 13 References
Milton "Milt" Tambor moved to Atlanta from Detroit in 2001 and is currently retired. He worked for Michigan American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees Council 25 as a staff representative and education coordinator. As labor educator he conducted classes in collective bargaining, steward training, labor history, economics, strategic planning and health and safety. With a Ph.D. in Sociology, Milt also taught classes as an adjunct faculty at Wayne State University's School of Social Work.
Democratic Socialists of America
- "DSA has formed a Political Action Committee—Democratic Socialists of America PAC (DSA PAC), which will raise funds to enable activity that supports or opposes candidates for federal office. By law, DSA is not permitted to expend its resources in support of or against candidates in partisan elections; however, DSA is permitted to form a PAC for this purpose...
- ...Only DSA members in good standing may contribute to the PAC. Because the law is so specific, all contributions are carefully screened to make sure that they are from members."
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
DSA Conference delegate
Five Metro Atlanta DSA members served as delegates to the Democratic Socialists of America biennial national convention, held in Evanston, Illinois in mid-November 2009: Jess Bowling, Barbara Joye, Barbara Landay, Milt Tambor and Jorge A. Lawton.
The Foreclosure Five were arrested on August 31 for refusing to leave a Wells Fargo branch office in East Point until a bank official would meet and hear the demands of the Atlanta Fighting Foreclosure Coalition. Those arrested included: Reginald Eaves, Charlie Flemming, State Senator Vincent Fort, Dianne Mathiowetz and Milt Tambor. The case of criminal trespass was moved from East Point to Fulton County after the five defendants continued to enter a "not guilty" plea rather than plead guilty to a lesser charge. The monies raised will go toward the defense provided by "Peoples' Attorney" Brian Spears at the hearing and a possible trial 
Atlanta Fighting Foreclosure Coalition
Formed in April 2009 following a community forum at the First Iconium Baptist Church, By late 2010 the Atlanta Fighting Foreclosure Coalition represented 41 member organizations: labor unions; civil rights, civil liberties, human rights and peace and justice groups; homeless shelters; and faith-based organizations.
In late 2010, the Coalition co-chairs were:
- Charlie Flemming (Atlanta-North Georgia Labor Council)
- Vincent Fort (State Senator),
- Barbara Joye (Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America)
- Dianne Mathiowetz (International Action Center)
- Rev Tim McDonald (First Iconium Baptist Church)
- Larry Pellegrini (Georgia Rural Urban Summit)
- Eric Richardson (Communication Workers of America Local 3204)
- Milt Tambor (Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America).
Poor Peoples’ Day
2011 DSA National Conference
Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America delegates attending the November 11-13, 2011 National Convention in the Washington DC area included Barbara Joye, Jorge A. Lawton, Minnie Ruffin, Milt Tambor and Bob Wohlheuter.
DSA support for mayoral bid
January 07, 2017 at 4pm - 6pm, Mammal Gallery, 91 Broad St. NW;
Join Joe Corrado, Tim Franzen, Larry Pellegrini, Jim Skillman, Milton Tambor, Rebecca Waldorff for a reception to learn more about Sen. Fort's historic bid for mayor and how together we can build an Atlanta that works for everyone.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Immigrants Rights Committee
In September 2017 Milt Tambor, chair of Metro Atlanta Democratic Socialists of America was a member of the Democratic Socialists of America Immigrants Rights Committee.
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included Milt Tambor.
DSA North Star
In 2018 Milt Tambor was an original signatory of the DSA North Star founding principles statement.
- CampaignMoney.com 2006 Cycle
- Democratic Left, Spring 2006
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Atlanta DSA newsletter, Jan. 2010
- Atlanta DSA newsletter, Jan. 2010
- MADSA website, accessed April 19, 2012
- DLTrump is wrong on DACA. We will not retreat. Posted by Duane Campbell on 09.05.17