As he wrote in 2010;
- One of the reasons I joined the Communist Party, looking back, was to break out of the bounds of capitalist solutions; to think systemically about needed change when viewed from the perspective of my class, working folks. Our Party would be strengthened in action and analysis by more strongly situating our short term tactical goals within the context of the ongoing strategic struggle for working class power and socialism.
Eric Brooks came into the Communist Party USA through the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.
“Judas and the Black Messiah”
“Judas and the Black Messiah”: A conversation. Webinar April 11 @ 7:00 Pm - 8:30 Pm.
Are you ready for the revolution? Find out by a joining us for a conversation on the lessons of the Black Panther Party for today.
We’ll be talking with Frank Chapman, Executive Director of the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression; Bea Lumpkin, long-time union and CP activist (Bea knew the Hampton family); Craig Gauthier, former Panther in the New Haven chapter and retired union member; Jafari Barrow, VA YCL coordinator; and Rossana Cambron, CPUSA co-chair.
Hosted by the CPUSA African American Equality Commission.
African American Equality Commission
CPUSA reforms the African American Equality Commission
March 30, 2021
With reformation of the African American Equality Commission, CPUSA signals renewed focus on the Black community and anti-racist struggles
At the request of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), and building on the February 28, 2021, online event, “We’re Not Going Back! 2021 annual celebration of African-American culture and struggle,” on March 4, 2021, a convening committee was created to help reorganize the African American Equality Commission, CPUSA (AAEC).
The AAEC will support the CPUSA National Committee, clubs, and members in maintaining a focus on outreach and recruitment in the Black community, help the CPUSA strengthen the theoretical framework for a Marxist/Leninist understanding of the current struggles of the Black community in the USA, and spotlight struggles to improve Black living conditions.
The AAEC will encourage a party-wide dialog on the importance of infusing anti-racism and anti-misogyny issues into every struggle in which we participate, maintaining a special emphasis on the struggles of Black women.
On March 9, 2021, the first African American Equality Commission online meeting took place, in which a vital discussion ensued, committing to produce a report to the next NC meeting on the reformation of the AAEC, and to meet regularly going forward. The next AAEC meeting is scheduled for April 6, 2021.
The AAEC stands in solidarity with all people of color and workers globally fighting to meet their needs for food, housing, education, jobs, unionization and worker power, cultural activity, healthcare, and a healthy environment, and to end racist and misogynist violence. We stand against the destruction wrought by the capitalist exploitation of humanity and of the environment.
The AAEC is composed of members of the Communist Party USA focused on and supportive of the struggles of Black people in the United States against racist and political repression and violence, economic and physical. Its leadership includes many Black folks who are both long-term and newer members of the Communist Party USA, and friends. 
Statement on Anti Blackness in the DSA
Statement on Anti Blackness in the DSA was released in February 2021:
We as the AfroSocialist and Socialists of Color Caucus stand in solidarity with the Black woman in DSA North Texas who was wrongfully suspended by DSA North Texas Co-chairs. This action by the DSA North Texas Co-chairs is racist and in particular anti-Black. This is not an isolated incident of racism but represents a pattern of anti-black and white supremacist actions within DSA which must be acknowledged, held accountable and systematically rooted out. There is a pattern of anti-black behavior that stems from the founding of DSA North Texas that has led to each generation of Co-chairs either perpetuating or being complicit in anti-black racism.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Eric A. Brooks, New York was one of several hundred Communist Party USA membersto sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
- The struggle for socialism surrounds us; we operate inside the boundaries of this struggle daily. What Marx, Lenin, and other Marxist economists and historians describe in philosophical and economic terms is not dogmatic or inappropriate to the current day. Instead, these early socialist economists and philosophers provided the language and analysis of underlying dynamics that illuminates the current struggles and provides useful guidance on how to proceed.
- Worker alliances with sectors of the exploiting class can be useful in certain limited circumstances. I see our Party's support for the Obama "agenda" — the agenda of the "fierce advocates" of a "fundamentally business friendly agenda" — as tactical and limited, and operating on just one plane of the multidimensional struggle that must be waged for working class power. However, there is no resolution of the underlying systemic contradictions impacting us today that can be achieved without resolute class struggle against all forms of exploitation and for socialism; a struggle that can't wait until tomorrow.
The Seventh Annual Forum of the World Association for Political Economy (WAPE) was held 25-27 May 2012 at the National University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City.
Erwin Marquit attended the meeting without presenting a paper. Wadih Halabi and Eric Brooks submitted papers, which were included in the proceedings, but neither one was actually present. I was the on ly CPUSA member attending.
Halabi and Brooks, both of whom identified themselves as members of the CPUSA, Halabi as a member of the Economics Commission and Brooks as chair of the Indiana District,
African American Equality Commission
- Convention Discussion: Thoughts On "A Call for United Action" by: Eric Brooks March 24 2010
- FB friends page
- Initiative to Unite and Renew the Party (in formation)document Dec 1, 1991
- [Marquit memoirs, page 578]
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015