- 1 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 2 Communist Party
- 3 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 4 El Salvador
- 5 Peoples World personnel
- 6 Occupy LA
- 7 Ecuador communist conference
- 8 Peoples World 2015
- 9 New member phone bank
- 10 YCL at UH closed Facebook group
- 11 United Socialists initiative
- 12 Left Inside/Outside Project phone conference
- 13 Address to 20th Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties
- 14 References
Rosana Cambron is a Los Angeles activist. Cambron coordinates the activities for the Communist Party USA in Southern California and is active in the peace movement. She is married to Arturo Cambron.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Rossana Cambron was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Young Communist League Club leader Gaby Castillo is working with the Communist Party of Southern California district organizer Rossana Cambron to develop a joint CP/YCL book club.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Rossana Cambron signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
Arturo Cambron August 27, 2010 ·
1st day in El Salvador. Caves by Cuisnahuat.
Peoples World personnel
- Co-editors, Joe Sims, Susan Webb, Teresa Albano
- Mundo Popular Coordinators, Rossana Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor, John Wojcik
- Political Correspondent Tim Wheeler
- Business Manager, Jenn Delgado
- Contributing Editors, Marilyn Bechtel, Pepe Lozano, Barbara Russum, W. T. Whitney, Joel Wendland, Roberta Wood
- Volunteer Translators and Copyeditors (list in formation), Sijisfredo Aviles, Jesus Alvarado, Bill Appelhans, Jim Lane, Owen Williamson
Bureau Chiefs and National Contibutors, Juan Lopez (N. Calif.), Rossana Cambron (S. Calif.), Joelle Fishman (Conn.), John Bachtell (Ill.), John Rummel (Mich.), Tony Pecinovsky (Mo.), Dan Margolis (N.Y.), Rick Nagin (Ohio), Libero Della Piana, Scott Marshall, Elena Mora, Emile Schepers, Jarvis Tyner, Sam Webb
Arturo Cambron September 29, 2011:
Occupy LA starts this Sat. at 12 noon at city hall. If you're mad as hell and won't take it no more, join us. — with Laura Cambron, Rossana Cambron, Juan Pablo Guevara, Gaby Castillo, Mario Gonzalez-Brito, Audrey Silvestre, Scott Patrick, Lex Steppling and Miguel Paredes in Los Angeles, California.
Ecuador communist conference
Peoples World 2015
- Editorial Board Co-editors - Joe Sims, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano, John Wojcik
- Mundo Popular - Rossana Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor - John Wojcik
- Managing Editors - Barbara Russum, Blake Deppe
- Business Manager - Jenn Delgado
- Technology Coordinator - Earchiel Johnson
- Copy Editor - Eric Gordon
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Rossana Cambron.
YCL at UH closed Facebook group
Members of the Young Communist League at UH closed Facebook group, as of January 25, 2018 included Rossana Cambron.
United Socialists initiative
- This group is for left unity. All factions of leftists welcome for open debate and forum discussion
Left Inside/Outside Project phone conference
On May 23, 2018 the Left Inside/Outside Project hosted a call that brought together representatives of the Communist Party USA, Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism, Democratic Socialists of America, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and LeftRoots. The call focused on approaches to electoral politics of these organizations. It also provided an opportunity to explore potential for political alignment among the part of the left that broadly agrees with the strategy of building power inside and outside of electoral politics, and inside and outside of the Democratic Party.
Although there are significant differences among (and within) these organizations, generally they see electoral politics as a crucial one for the left to engage in. While engaging in electoral politics has its limitations, it presents huge opportunities, which the experiences of these organizations demonstrate, including a path to governing. In the U.S. today, where the fight against the far right must utilize all possible methods, it is also a necessity.
The call was moderated by Rishi Awatramani from LeftRoots. Speakers included Sendolo Diaminah from Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Rossana Cambron from the Communist Party USA, Christian Bowe from DSA, Maria (Maria Poblet?)from LeftRoots and Janet Tucker from the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
Address to 20th Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties
Rossana Cambron and Chris Butters represented the Communist Party USA at the 20th World Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties, Athens 22-23 November, with Cambron delivering the party’s contribution.
- This 20th World Meeting occurs in the middle of a profound crisis of the capitalist system and increasing attempts to solve it along extreme right and fascist lines. The classic definition of fascism was offered by Georgi Dimitrov at the 7th World Congress of the Comintern in 1935: “Fascism is the open terroristic dictatorship of the most reactionary sections of finance capital.”
- Recently, these reactionary forces have taken control through the legislative process, rather than by force.
- These developments require even greater unity among all Communist and Workers’ Parties. They call us to be more vigilant in striving for common ground and to focus on building a united front to confront, vote out, and expose extreme right and fascist leaders. We need to develop tools to help workers in each of our countries to understand their power to resist right-wing propaganda and to recognize when their own ideas are being used against them...
- The coming to power of political forces promoting unbridled racism, anti-Semitism and right-wing nationalism represents a grave danger throughout the world. In the United States, Donald Trump leads an extreme right and fascist-minded administration.
- The Trump regime represents the most reactionary sections of big business, whose agenda it pursues no matter what the cost to democracy, labor rights, civil rights, the environment, and even human decency.
- In the U.S., their instrument is a coalition of the Republican Party with finance capital, evangelical Christians, and the right-wing media. That coalition is working to dismantle the hard-fought gains of the labor and civil rights movement. They want to destroy what their ideologues term the “administrative state.” This would be accomplished by eliminating collective bargaining, privatizing government programs, and removing all regulations on big business, particularly with regard to the environment.
- Internationally, they seek U.S. imperialist dominance by promoting Europe’s extreme right and redefining the U.S.’s ties to NATO and its relations with other international bodies, trade agreements and countries. A key aim is to forge a coalition against China. This is what’s behind Trump’s withdrawal from the treaty governing medium range missiles...
- At stake in the elections was the very character of our nation with democracy itself hanging in the balance. Would the broad working-class public accept Trump’s vilification of the press, the attack on public institutions, and the Republican Party’s attempt to suppress the vote? Would voters turn a blind eye to Trump’s sexism, his administration’s discrimination against LGBTQ people, and attacks on African Americans? Would the electorate permit the continued denial of climate change, deregulation of big business, and tax breaks for the rich?
- The answer given on Election Day was an emphatic no. Trump suffered a significant setback losing close to 40 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives and over 300 in state legislatures across the country. It was biggest electoral defeat of the Republican Party since the Reagan years. Control of the House of Representatives by Democratic Party is important because it will slow the Trump regime’s attempts to take complete control of our country...
- There are many new progressive members of Congress with a different mindset. Still, the people’s movement to refute, resist and stop Trump must continue and never let up...
- The Communist Party works to build a broad front against the extreme right and fascist danger. In our view, defeating the Trump Agenda is central to social progress in our country. We join with and participate actively in the broader resistance in pursuit of this goal. The CPUSA’s main objective in this effort is promote working-class interests and working-class leadership of this movement.
- Fighting for the leading role of our Leninist party means for actively participating in the key day-to-day struggles for trade union rights, health care, voting rights, and against climate change. We work to build the Party in these struggles...
- We saw the financial crisis and Great Recession of 2007 as marking the end of politics as usual in the U.S. and the beginning of new period. Neoliberal state monopoly capitalism has run its course and something new began to stir. The election of Barack Obama, the Occupy Wall Street movement and more recently the candidacy of Bernie Sanders are reflective of the beginnings of a new direction.
- Today we continue the effort to rebuild and grow in the course of fighting right-wing extremism and for the interests of our working class and people. Today we work to prevent the interference of U.S. imperialism in other countries, to increase our solidarity with Venezuela, end the blockade of Cuba, and achieve the recognition of a Palestinian homeland within the framework of a two-state solution.
- PW bio, accessed December 28, 2010
- FB friends page
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Contact the People's World, accessed Dec. 27, 2010
- PW, Unity worth the effort at world Communist meeting by: DEE MYLES december 15 2014
- PW contact, accessed October 2015
- PW, Address to 20th Meeting of Communist and Workers PartiesBY:COMMUNIST PARTY USA| NOVEMBER 24, 2018