Dana Ginn Paredes
Dana Ginn Paredes has played a strategic role in positioning organizations for growth and success. Her experience on management teams coupled with on-the-ground campaign/electoral organizing, training, and technical assistance has led her to develop a deep understanding of what it takes to cultivate dynamic organizations. It was not until she was introduced to Forward Stance that she understood there was so much more possibility and potential when we utilize our whole selves— the mind-body-spirit.
Dana learned of Forward Stance while at Forward Together, a national multi-racial organization that works with community leaders and organizations to transform culture and policy to catalyze social change. Forward Stance is a mind-body physical practice that unleashes our full potential for leadership, organizational growth, and strategic movement building. During this time, she coordinated the Forward Stance Leadership Institute and coached individuals and organizations – from throughout California to Albuquerque, New Mexico, Portland, Oregon, Atlanta, Georgia, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin – to develop and deepen their practice.
In 2013, Dana started Momentum Institute. Momentum Institute is designed to provide access to those seeking to learn Forward Stance, create pathways for current practitioners to deepen their practice, and align different leaders and organizations who are teaching Forward Stance and integrating it into their social change efforts.
Before starting Momentum Institute, Dana has worked with Forward Together, the Center for Third World Organizing, and Californians for Justice. She is a co-author of Looking Both Ways: Womenʼs Lives at the Crossroads of Reproductive Justice and Climate Justice. She currently serves as the board treasurer for Mobilize the Immigrant Vote, is a 2008 fellow of the National APAWLI Program of the Center for Asian Pacific American Women, and a 2007 fellow of the Women's Policy Institute, a program of the Women’s Foundation of California.
Dana holds a BA in Political Science from the University of California, at Berkeley.
- Luis Sanchez - President
- Aimee Thorne-Thomsen - Chair
- Dana Ginn Paredes - Treasurer
- Hemly Ordonez - Secretary
- Rhonda Ortiz - Member
Movement Activist Apprenticeship Program
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Dana Ginn Paredes was among those on the list. 
Movement Strategy Center
Deep Democracy Lab
Movement Strategy Center May 19, 2017;
- The beloved community of this week's Deep Democracy lab! #connection #courage #commitment <3 <3 <3 — with Jodeen Olguin-Tayler, Ana Cecilia Perez, Tammy Johnson, Nwamaka Agbo, Alexis Flanagan, Rosie Abriam, Michael Scott Nine, Vanessa Nisperos, Tomas Garduno, Yalini Dream, Gerardo Marin, Calvin Williams, Miya Yoshitani, Judith LeBlanc, Anthony Giancatarino, Taj James, Byron Gudiel, Julie Quiroz, Victoria Benson, Kristen Zimmerman, Beth Glenn, Ariel Jacobson, Rosa Esperanza Gonzalez, Rachel Humphrey, Nanci Lee, Mimi Ho, Supriya Lopez Pillai, Dana Ginn Paredes, Kelly Miller, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Helen S. Kim, Jovida Ross, Aparna Shah, Aisha Shillingford, Sarah Quiroga and Jacqui Patterson.