While serving as Director of The Coalition for Educational Justice (CEJ), Byron worked with staff, members and allies to improve the educational experience and environment of young people of color in Los Angeles and throughout California. Later, as the Director of Organizing at the Sierra Club, Byron led organizing efforts throughout the country to challenge the extraction, export and burning of fossil fuels, protect and create access to public lands, protect endangered species, and promote clean and renewable energy development. During his time at Sierra Club, he worked with members, staff, and allies to demand that people in low-income communities and communities of color have access to clean and renewable energy industry jobs and careers.
US Social Forum National Planning Committee/FRSO
Vote YES! #SB350 and #SB32
Byron Gudiel September 8, 2015 near Los Angeles, CA · Edited ·
California Environmental Justice Alliance and Communities For A Better Environment in Sacramento demanding that the health of EJ communities be prioritized over the interests of the oil industry. Joined by Sebastian Ridley-Thomas, Senator Fran Pavley and Cristina Garcia. California Democratic Party do the right thing! Vote YES! #SB350 and #SB32.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Byron Gudiel.
Supporting Arturo Carmona
Byron Gudiel, December 15, 2016;
- My good friend Arturo Carmona is running for California's 34th where I live! Happy to support progressive leadership.
Deep Democracy Lab
Movement Strategy Center May 19, 2017;
- The beloved community of this week's Deep Democracy lab! #connection #courage #commitment <3 <3 <3 — with Jodeen Olguin-Tayler, Ana Cecilia Perez, Tammy Johnson, Nwamaka Agbo, Alexis Flanagan, Rosie Abriam, Michael Scott Nine, Vanessa Nisperos, Tomas Garduno, Yalini Dream, Gerardo Marin, Calvin Williams, Miya Yoshitani, Judith LeBlanc, Anthony Giancatarino, Taj James, Byron Gudiel, Julie Quiroz, Victoria Benson, Kristen Zimmerman, Beth Glenn, Ariel Jacobson, Rosa Esperanza Gonzalez, Rachel Humphrey, Nanci Lee, Mimi Ho, Supriya Lopez Pillai, Dana Ginn Paredes, Kelly Miller, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Helen S. Kim, Jovida Ross, Aparna Shah, Aisha Shillingford, Sarah Quiroga and Jacqui Patterson.
- staff, accessed 12/01/2015
- [USSF NPC Membership Contact Sheet Feb 2010 - to share.xls https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/npc/attachments/20100223/e8f3afcf/attachment-0001.pdf]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109