- 1 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 2 Verizon Strike Solidarity Committee
- 3 Brooklyn DSA
- 4 Dump Trump
- 5 "Trump’s Victory Is a Wake-Up Call to the Left"
- 6 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 7 DSA contact
- 8 Beyond Shell Shock
- 9 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 10 Democratic Socialists of America-Jorge Posadist Caucus
- 11 New York DSA Facebook group
- 12 DSA Facebook
- 13 References
Socialist Majority Caucus
Verizon Strike Solidarity Committee
David Klassen May 25 · The Verizon Strike Solidarity Committee in full effect. — with Dan DiMaggio, Patrick Ayers, Patrick T. Shepherd, Joe Richard, Mark Friedman, Luke Elliott-Negri, Dick Sweatte, Flynn Murray, Nick Rynearson, Meghan Brophy, Chris Maisano, Micah Landau, Laura Moya, Mary Clinton and Mark Bergfeld.
Members and friends of the New York Democratic Socialists of America Brooklyn Branch picket in solidarity with Verizon strikers. From left to right: Laura Moya, Neal Meyer, Mariah Montgomery, Dan DiMaggio, Dave Hancock, Sam Rosenthal, Ben Bennett, Rick Fudge, Chris Maisano, Chris Brooks, Katrina Forman, 2016.
DUMP TRUMP, DEFEAT RACISM AND MISOGYNY, BUILD THE LEFT was an open letter to the left from 47 grassroots organizers. October 17, 2016.
- A lot of us see something really clearly, but few of us—radical and revolutionary organizers—are willing to say it out loud.
- So we’re going to say it. Defeating Trump in the presidential election is a top priority for the left. And at a minimum, that means mobilizing voters for Hillary Clinton in swing states even if you vote for another candidate in a safe state. We’ve got to beat Trump and Trumpism while building movements that will fight, resist and disrupt a Clinton administration that will be militaristic and pro-corporate...
- As we mentioned at the beginning, defeating Trump is not enough. We need movements strong enough to fight a Clinton administration on several fronts—whether Israel/Palestine, free trade agreements, climate change, a $15 minimum wage, or the prison-industrial complex. And neutralizing the appeal of the far right means we need to both strengthen our movements for racial justice and win over white workers to a progressive class politics as an alternative to Trump’s racist economic nationalism. Finally, we need to build a left that can help anchor a visionary alternative to corporate Democrats. It won’t be easy, but we’ve come this far. Let’s defend what we’ve got in this election, and keep our eye on collective liberation.
Signatories included Dan DiMaggio, labor journalist Democratic Socialists of America.
"Trump’s Victory Is a Wake-Up Call to the Left"
"Trump’s Victory Is a Wake-Up Call to the Left: Did we do enough in 2016? And how can we build a broader electoral movement?" was written by Calvin Miaw (Lynn Koh) for In These Times, Nov 18, 18, 2016;
- Today we have a number of inspiring movements (and encampments!) that will continue under the Trump administration. We have incredible multiracial alliances—from the National Domestic Workers Alliance to Grassroots Global Justice—all across the United States. We have cutting-edge work in electoral politics through our mass organizations at the local level (like San Francisco Rising or the South Bay Labor Council) reaching into the state level (with New Virginia Majority and New Florida Majority). There's a lot going for us, but whether we are able to build a worthy successor to the Rainbow, which replicates its achievements while avoiding its quite obvious failures, depends on us moving beyond what we've been doing.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Dan DiMaggio.
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included Dan DiMaggio.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
Democratic Socialists of America-Jorge Posadist Caucus
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America - Jorge Posadist Caucus Closed Facebook Group, as of August 7, 2017, included Dan DiMaggio.