Interim National Council
- Donna DeWitt, President, South Carolina AFL-CIO - Co-Chair
- Bill Kane, President, New Jersey Industrial Union Council - Co-Chair
- Baldemar Velasquez, President, Farm Labor Organizing Committee - Co-Chair
- Noel Beasley, International Vice President, UNITE HERE
- Ed Bruno, California Nurses Association
- Deborah Burger, President, CNA
- Dave Campbell, Secretary-Treasurer, PACE Local 8-675
- Marilyn Clement, Director, CNHP NOW
- Russ Davis, Vice President, AFGE Local 2782
- Rose Ann DeMoro, Executive Director, CNA
- Mark Dimondstein, NC Piedmont Triad chapter
- Jed Dodd, General Chairman, Penn. Federation, BMWE
- Lisa Frank, Metro Pittsburgh chapter
- Cheri Honkala, Founder, Kensington Welfare Rights Union
- Bruce Klipple, General Secretary-Treasurer, UE
- C. Robert McDevitt, President, UNITE HERE Local 54
- Bill Onasch, Kansas City chapter
- Cecilia Perry, Public Policy Analyst, AFSCME
- Linda Raisovich-Parsons, UMWA
- Adolph Reed, Jr., Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- David H. Richardson, PhD, Secretary, AFGE Local 12
- Dean Robinson, Professor, UMASS-Amherst
- Anthony Rochon, BMWE
- Preston Smith II, Professor, Mount Holyoke College
- Brenda Stokely, President, AFSCME DC 1707
- Chris Townsend, Political Action Director, UE
- Gerry Zero, IBT Local 705
National Committee Against Repressive Legislation
Lui Cheng 2007 American tour
The American Center for International Labor Solidarity and the National Labor College recently hosted Professor Liu Cheng for Shanghai Normal University to discuss the evolution of the new draft contract labor law in China. Cheng’s visit to the NLC on March 27th was the culmination of a multi-state tour meeting with union leaders and members of Congress.
For the report by Global Labor Strategies analyzing the impact of transnational corporations on the first draft of the Contract Law go to: UNDUE INFLUENCE: Corporation Gain Ground in Battle Over Chinas New Labor Law
Liu Cheng's tour included nearly 45 events over 17 days, in the Bay Area, Boston, Amherst, New York and Washington DC. A partial list of the many sponsoring organizations, and their key contact, includes:
United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America (UE), Washington DC - Chris Townsend & Bob Kingsley.
Anti US-South Korea FTA briefing
On Wednesday, June 7, 2006, the Institute for Policy Studies allied Korea Policy Institute co-organized, with the Oakland Institute, a press briefing in Congress, sponsored by Congressman Dennis Kucinich. Speakers included Congressman Kucinich, Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, Assemblymember Kang Ki Kap of Korea's Democratic Labor Party, Kim Tae Il, the General Secretary of the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions, Lee Heung Se of the Korean Advanced Farmers Federation, Lee Kang Sil of the Korean Hospital and Medical Workers Union, Chris Townsend of United Electrical Workers, and Kathy Ozer of the National Family Farm Coalition. All spoke of their deep misgivings over the proposed Korea-US FTA.
NSA leaks rally
Circa June 13, 2013 CODEPINK, the Bradley Manning Support Network, Defending Dissent Foundation, the Washington Peace Center, the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, the Council on American-Islamic Relations-Maryland, Demand Progress, Institute for Policy Studies, and local ACLU offices hold a news conference and rally to protest "the National Security Agency's abuses of law-abiding Americans."
Participants include Sue Udry of the Defending Dissent Foundation and the Montgomery County Civil Rights Coalition; Dany Sigwalt of the Washington Peace Center; Ginger McCall of the Electronic Privacy Information Center; Seema Sadanandan of the ACLU-National Capital Region; Naji Mujahid of the NAACP-Washington, D.C. Branch; Zainab Chaudry of CAIR-MD; Shahid Buttar and George Friday of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee; state Rep. Lon Burnam (D-Texas); Sanho Tree of the Institute for Policy Studies; Joan Stallard of CODEPINK; Chris Townsend of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America; David Moon of Demand Progress; and Hendrick Voss of SOA Watch.
Location: Near Upper Senate Park, Delaware and Constitution Avenue NE, Washington, DC.
Metro DC DSA Public Facbook group
- Labor Party News April 2005 (accessed on Dec. 31, 2010)
- Dissent website: About
- Press Conference on the Proposed US-Korea Free Trade Agreement: Mobilize and Organize to Resist the US-South Korea FTA and Neoliberal Globalization (MORFNG)*Los Angeles, CA | June 16, 2006
- Video: CAIR-MD Rep Speaks at Capitol Hill Protest of NSA Abuses CAIRtv CAIRtv.Published on Jun 14, 2013