Rose Ann DeMoro
Rose Ann DeMoro
Interim National Council
- Donna DeWitt, President, South Carolina AFL-CIO - Co-Chair
- Bill Kane, President, New Jersey Industrial Union Council - Co-Chair
- Baldemar Velasquez, President, Farm Labor Organizing Committee - Co-Chair
- Noel Beasley, International Vice President, UNITE HERE
- Ed Bruno, California Nurses Association
- Deborah Burger, President, CNA
- Dave Campbell, Secretary-Treasurer, PACE Local 8-675
- Marilyn Clement, Director, CNHP NOW
- Russ Davis, Vice President, AFGE Local 2782
- Rose Ann DeMoro, Executive Director, CNA
- Mark Dimondstein, NC Piedmont Triad chapter
- Jed Dodd, General Chairman, Penn. Federation, BMWE
- Lisa Frank, Metro Pittsburgh chapter
- Cheri Honkala, Founder, Kensington Welfare Rights Union
- Bruce Klipple, General Secretary-Treasurer, UE
- C. Robert McDevitt, President, UNITE HERE Local 54
- Bill Onasch, Kansas City chapter
- Cecilia Perry, Public Policy Analyst, AFSCME
- Linda Raisovich-Parsons, UMWA
- Adolph Reed, Jr., Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- David H. Richardson, PhD, Secretary, AFGE Local 12
- Dean Robinson, Professor, UMASS-Amherst
- Anthony Rochon, BMWE
- Preston Smith II, Professor, Mount Holyoke College
- Brenda Stokely, President, AFSCME DC 1707
- Chris Townsend, Political Action Director, UE
- Gerry Zero, IBT Local 705
Labor Campaign for Single Payer
UC Berkeley Labor Center
May 2017, top registered nurse leaders of the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee (CNA/NNOC) have been re-elected to new three-year terms spearheading one of the most prominent nurses and health care and social advocacy organizations in the U.S.
CNA/NNOC Co-Presidents RNs Deborah Burger, Zenei Cortez, Cokie Giles, and Malinda Markowitz, and Treasurer Martha Kuhl all won re-election to new terms. Incumbent board member Cathy Kennedy, RN was elected to her first term as CNA/NNOC Secretary, replacing the retiring Margie Keenan, RN. All will take office at the upcoming CNA/NNOC convention in San Francisco in September
CNA/NNOC is the largest affiliate of National Nurses United, the largest union and professional association of registered nurses in the U.S. NNU has 150,000 members, including 100,000 CNA/NNOC members in California, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Texas, Washington DC, West Virginia and other locations.
CNA/NNOC Executive Director Rose Ann DeMoro sent her congratulations to the election winners, calling the results “a strong mandate for the incredible accomplishments and direction of this organization, and the social change, patient advocacy program they have advanced—for an improved and expanded Medicare for all/single payer health care, and economic, social, and environmental justice.
Other RN election winners who will serve on the incoming CNA/NNOC board of directors are:
Martese Chism, Fong Chuu, Debbie Cuaresma, Kathy Dennis, Kathy Donohue, Maureen Dugan, Amy Erb, Amy Glass, Jennifer Holm, Carol Koelle, Diane Koorsones, Marissa Lee, Gina Macalino, Diane McClure, Allison Miller, Stephanie Patten, Sandy Redding, Katy Roemer, Jane Sandoval, Sherrie Stoddard, Dahlia Tayag, Dolores Trujillo, Valerie Verity-Mock, Rida Villanueva, Michelle Vo, David Welch, and Irma Westmoreland.
Eight of the RNs are newly elected to their positions, an important part of the regeneration of leadership in CNA/NNOC, noted DeMoro. “Our returning leaders are committed to working closely with the new members to assure a short learning curve that is essential to assuring no break in continuity in the critical work of our organization.”
"Night of progressive vision"
A wonderful night of progressive vision for the planet with John Cusack, Rose Ann DeMoro, Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Yanis Varoufakis, Ben Jealous and Josh Fox. I could not imagine a better team or allies in this movement. And of course, friends and supporters