- 1 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 2 Annual Meeting Agenda
- 3 NPC candidate
- 4 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 5 DSA Friends and Comrades coalition
- 6 DSA-LSC Discussion & Debate Facebook group
- 7 DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
- 8 DSA Social Democratic Caucus Caucus Closed FB group
- 9 Council run
- 10 References
Brad McGarr is 31 years old, married with one child. He moved to Minnesota from Colorado, but has lived all over the west, in Arizona and Washington.
- I have worked in IT support for 13 years, and in IT Security Support for 7. I have spent many years active in various emergency response organizations, including a responder with the Red Cross, IT support for a volunteer fire department, Communications Director for a Medical Reserve Corps, and a member of a CERT team as well as work-site safety crews. I grew up poor in mostly Washington, and my family at several times were nearly homeless, with a family of 4 living im a fifth-wheel.
I work with our chapter’s Communications and social media team, run thr chapter website, and participate in steering committee meetings with plans to run for recording secretary. I have caucused for the Sanders campaign and moderated for The Political Revolution.
Socialist Majority Caucus
Annual Meeting Agenda
Twin Cities Democratic Socialists of America - Annual Meeting Agenda. Sunday, September 17, 2018.
Election of Officers and Constitutional Officers for 2017–2018. Motion to allow 30 second speeches from candidates in contested positions passes.
- Co-chair Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Nic Raymond is the only candidate. Movement for
- Treasurer Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Rob Trump is the only candidate. Movement for
- Political Activism Coordinator Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Sheigh Freeberg is the only
candidate. Movement for acclamation passes.
- Social Secretary Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Candidates are Brad McGarr and Deanna Galus. To be voted on via paper ballot.
- Recording Secretary Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Lauren Nielsen is the only candidate.
Movement for acclamation for passes.
- Political Education Coordinator Candidate(s): No nominations from the floor. Point of information for
In August 2017 Brad McGarr stood for election to the Democratic Socialists of America National Political Committee, at the National Convention in Chicago, from Twin Cities Democratic Socialists of America.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Friends and Comrades coalition
According to John Michael Colon;
- The DSA Friends and Comrades coalition is something that came out of DSA Libertarian Socialist Caucus members and was organized by LSC members informally and hasn't been approved by the group. We wish them well, and some of us will vote for them and promote them on our social media, but they don't represent the LSC. Next convention we aim to organize a primary and democratic process to put forward a slate. 
Members who stood were Dele Balogun, Jordan Buchman, Jetta Rae Robertson, Alexandra Dudley, John Hieronymus, Alexander Kolokotronis, Brad McGarr, Jack Suria Linares, Dan Pozzie, Brandon Payton-Carrillo.
DSA-LSC Discussion & Debate Facebook group
DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
DSA Social Democratic Caucus Caucus Closed FB group
In 2018 Brad McGarr who has been a Twin Cities Democratic Socialists of America member member since 2016 and was a delegate to the DSA Convention in Chicago in August 2017, ran for the City Council of Shakopee. This being a non-partisan race, he will not need to run in the primary but faces one opponent in the November general election. According to Deb Ramage TCDSA is"happy to endorse this close friend and tireless organizer, with the added bonus that it gives us a chance to exercise and develop organizing skills in a suburban but diverse community with a large but not very visible working class".
- A Turning Point on the Left? Libertarian Caucus Debuts at Democratic Socialist Conference Saturday, August 05, 2017 By Adam Weaver, Truthout
- Jetta RaeFollow Aug 1 Introducing DSA Friends and Comrades
- Pride, resistance persistence: July ends with a bang and a whimper Debra Keefer Ramage August 13, 2018