- I manage the Climate Justice program at CEJA. When I realized that you could link “justice” and “the environment,” I found my fight in life. Since starting this work in 2004, I have crisscrossed the state to support on-the-ground struggles for healthy places to live, work and play. From Calexico on the border of Mexico to the Klamath Basin at the border of Oregon, I have learned much and been inspired by the amazing work of every day people fighting for their health, way of life, clean air, clean water, and against new prisons (yep, they are an EJ issue too!)
- Since joining CEJA in 2010, I have helped develop our Green Zones program, found the best coffee shops near the Capitol building, live Tweeted for the first time, coordinated our first major Community Congreso with over 150 community leaders, and looked at way more state statute than I ever imagined.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Amy Vanderwarker.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Amy Vanderwarker.