- 1 PDA endorsement
- 2 Donated to CAIR
- 3 Hussam Ayloush connection
- 4 Background
- 5 PowerPAC+
- 6 PowerPAC+ Top 10 Priority Districts to take back House in 2018
- 7 "Christian" support
- 8 National Nurses United endorsement
- 9 DSA supports Ammar Campa-Najjar
- 10 Justice Democrats
- 11 SEIU support
- 12 References
Ammar Campa-Najjar is a 29-year-old Democratic candidate for California’s 50th Congressional District. Ammar Campa-Najjar worked "in the Obama White House and supported socialist Bernie Sanders for president." He is endorsed by the Democratic Socialists of America-aligned Our Revolution.
Donated to CAIR
Hussam Ayloush connection
Hussam Ayloush September 15:
With Congressional candidate Ammar Campa-Najjar, in Irvine. Help Ammar rid CD50 from the corrupt Rep. Hunter.
- "One curious aspect is Campa-Najjar’s large campaign war chest. He has never run for elected office, but is reported to have a campaign war chest larger than that of five-term incumbent Rep. Duncan D. Hunter. Admittedly, Hunter’s indictment on misuse of campaign funds may have hurt his fundraising, but Hunter recently pleaded not guilty to the charges, which Hunter’s father, a former congressman, labeled politically motivated. Nonetheless, as of June 30, Campa-Najjar had raised over $1 million and claims to have over 700 volunteers.
- "Further, Campa-Najjar’s campaign financing contributions have not been limited to those within the contested eastern San Diego congressional district. He recently raised funds at the Palestinian American Community Center in Clifton, New Jersey. In attendance were operatives from CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations), an unindicted co-conspirator in a 2009 federal Hamas funding case. In 2017, Campa-Najjar proudly referred to campaign team member Irma Marcela Miranda-Caballero, an illegal alien or DREAMer, and has stated he opposes a border wall yet insists he wants to fight illegal immigration.
- "Campa-Najjar’s family history also bears scrutiny. The son of a Muslim Palestinian father and Mexican Catholic mother, Campa-Najjar refers to himself as a Christian. His father, Yasser Mohammed Yousef al-Najjar, was the son of a lionized member of Fatah and Black September who participated in the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre of 11 Israeli athletes. The candidate’s parents met in San Diego when his father moved from Gaza.
- "Campa-Najjar’s father later returned to Gaza after the couple’s divorce and was actively involved in Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The Najjar family participated in terrorist activity in Israel, despite Israel’s leaving Gaza in 2005. Although the candidate calls his grandfather’s actions “horrific,” his father admitted to being proud of his martyred father and even equated the killing of the Israeli athletes to the violence of the so-called Israeli “occupation.” He praised the Olympic massacre perpetrated by Black September and stated that the Israeli athletes deserved to die. In Gaza, a hospital was named for the celebrated elder Najjar after his death at the hands of Israeli forces.
- "In 1994, Campa-Najjar moved to Gaza to live with his father and his father’s family. He returned to San Diego four years later while his father remained during the Second Intifada, Palestinian violence against Israelis lasting from 2000 to 2005.
- "The candidate’s educational background also gives pause. Upon his return from Gaza, Campa-Najjar attended the Islamic School of San Diego, an affiliate of the Islamic Center of San Diego (ICSD), which was linked to two 9/11 hijackers. The ICSD is owned by the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT), a subsidiary of the Islamic Society of North America, which itself has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. Two of the 9/11 hijackers, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, were tied to the ICSD where mosque members assisted them in finding an apartment in San Diego, obtaining social security numbers and licenses, arranging flying lessons in Florida, buying cars and procuring funds from 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s nephew through the ICSD administrator’s bank account.
- "The two imams who currently staff the ICSD have connections to the Muslim Brotherhood. Imam Abdeljalil Mezgouri is a supporter of Islamic Relief, which is connected to Hamas and was designated as a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates. He is also active with the Muslim American Society (MAS) of San Diego, a Muslim Brotherhood front that seeks to replace secular law with sharia. Imam Taha Hassane, the religious advisor for MAS at the University of California at San Diego, is a board member of the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California, an organization that supports the worldwide establishment of Shariah.
- "Many progressive Democrats have endorsed Campa-Najjar, including Barack Obama, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a proud member of the Democratic Socialists of America, is raising funds for her “progressive brother candidate” in the 50th District.
- "Other endorsements include several far-left organizations funded by billionaire financier George Soros. Among them are J-Street, an organization that lambasts Israel’s military action against terrorist group Hamas and focuses on Israel’s settlements rather than Islamic terrorism as an obstacle to peace in the region. Others include Move On, an anti-war affiliate of the Socialist Alternative; the Answer Coalition, involved in violent, anti-Trump protests throughout the United States; and the Service Employees International (SEIU), a far-left labor union that promotes government expansion and higher taxes and engages in thuggish tactics to intimidate opponents to support the union’s progressive agenda. Our Revolution, a group founded by Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign that endorsed Rep. Keith Ellison for DNC chair, also supports Campa-Najjar.
- "A recent poll conducted for the Campa-Najjar campaign shows the candidate in a tie with Republican incumbent Hunter, who enjoys the support of President Trump. The battle intensified recently as Hunter ran a campaign ad pointing out areas of concern about Campa-Najjar’s past and calling him a security risk. Campa-Najjar responded with a video of his mother disputing the allegations … in Spanish. With elections a month away, this congressional contest could prove to be a tight and highly watched race with a strong showing for a progressive challenger in a traditionally secure Republican district.
- In running for Congress, Ammar is answering the call to service issued in the president's Farewell Address: “to believe you can make a difference; to hitch your wagon to something bigger than yourselves. This generation coming up – unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic… You believe in a fair, just, inclusive America… you are willing to carry this hard work of democracy forward…I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about change – but in yours.” Ammar believes, and invites you to join his people-powered movement.
PowerPAC+ Top 10 Priority Districts to take back House in 2018
- Here are my recommendations for the top ten congressional district races to support to take back the House in 2018. To learn more about how I came up with this list, read my full explanation in my September 2018 column in The Nation magazine.
- CA-39 Gil Cisneros - OC Civic Engagement Table Action Fund
- CA-50 Ammar Campa-Najjar - Alliance San Diego Mobilization Fund
- GA-06 Lucy McBath - New Georgia Project
- GA-07 Carolyn Bourdeaux - New Georgia Project
- NM-02 Xochitl Torres Small - Organizers in the Land of Enchantment
- TX-07 Lizzie Pannill Fletcher - Texas Organizing Project
- TX-23 Gina Ortiz Jones - Texas Organizing Project
- TX-32 Colin Allred - Texas Organizing Project
- VA-02 Elaine Luria - New Virginia Majority
- VA-07 Abigail Spanberger - New Virginia Majority
- If you would prefer to donate to one source, the PAC that I have created, PowerPAC+, will be distributing resources between all of these organizations.
Circa October 26, Ammar Campa-Najjar, the Democrat challenging incumbent Duncan Hunter for California House District 50, attended a small rally in Escondido Friday evening at Grape Day Park where an evangelical Christian group threw it’s support behind him.
The rally was hosted by Vote Common Good, a Christian organization urging religious voters across America to "vote with their conscience."
“I know it looks like we’re partisan because we are supporting Democratic candidates all across the country, but that’s because we are trying to change control of Congress. We believe that Congress’ job is to be a check on the presidency and we think that needs to happen,” explained Doug Pagitt, Executive Director for VCG.
The group is traveling to 31 districts across the county believed to be “flip-able,” in an effort to give Democrats a majority in Congress.
Vote Common Good 2018 endorsements
Vote Common Good 2018 endorsements included Ammar Campa-Najjar.
National Nurses United endorsement
National Nurses United 2018 endorsements in California included:
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-01 – Audrey Denney
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-03 – John Garamendi
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-17 – Ro Khanna
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-27 – Judy Chu
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-41 – Mark Takano
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-45 – Katie Porter
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-47 – Alan Lowenthal
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-48 – Harley Rouda
- U.S. House of Representatives, CA-50 – Ammar Campa-Najjar
DSA supports Ammar Campa-Najjar
We are now exactly 2 WEEKS from when ballots go out! The Campa Campaign NEEDs your help these next 2 weeks in calling and walking. This weekend is one of the last opportunities to talk to voters before ballots go out and defeat indicted Congressman Duncan Hunter. Join us this week for at least 1 shift and bring friends. We especially need canvassers at our north county events!
Ammar Campa-Najjar CA 50 was endorsed by Justice Democrats for 2018.
With Lorena Barrientes.
- [https://www.wnd.com/2018/10/the-palestinian-mexican-american-running-for-congress/ The Palestinian-Mexican-American running for Congress accessed Oct 10 2018]
- accessed Oct 10 2018
- Democrat Ammar Campa-Najjar’s Campaign Donated Money to CAIR accessed Oct 10 2018