Misty Rebik is an Iowa activist
Studied Urban and Regional Planning at University of Iowa.
Twitter Lock Down
The Washington Examiner reported that Brooke Adams and Misty Rebik locked their Twitter accounts in the wake of the Kyle Jurek comments about burning down cities if Bernie Sanders loses the democratic nomination. Additionally, the Washington Examiner reported that before she locked her account, Brooke Adams tweeted a photo with "top tier organizers" Danielle Hirano and Kyle Jurek:
- "Iowa state director Misty Rebik and Iowa co-field director Brooke Adams both locked their Twitter accounts after Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe claimed they hired or worked with Kyle Jurek, who deleted his Twitter account this afternoon. O'Keefe published a Sept. 21 tweet of Adams celebrating with Jurek along with accompanying text that read: "This room is about to hit 20,000 phone calls!! Led by our top-tier organizers @hiranodanielle Danielle Hirano and Kyle Jurek!"
Sanders' 2020 Iowa hires
The Sanders campaign announced the following hires March 2019:
- Misty Rebik, state director. Rebik was campaign manager for Cathy Glasson's primary run for Iowa governor. She previously worked for One Iowa and served as co-founder and founding director of the Center for Worker Justice of Eastern Iowa.
- Jess Mazour, political director. Mazour was previously lead organizer on the farm and environment team at Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement.
- Evan Burger, state caucus director. Burger was a senior organizer for Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement and previously worked as the Iowa advance director for Sanders' 2016 campaign.
- Pete D'Alessandro, senior advisor. D'Alessandro directed Sanders' 2016 Iowa campaign and went on to work as the Oklahoma state director, Indiana state director, northern California director and the National Convention delegate director.
Misty Rebik February 3, 2018 ·
These are my people! I adore and respect people who put action behind their words! Thank you for your relentless commitment to progressive change! — with Kate Revaux, Cathy Glasson, Damien Williams and Justin LeDuc.
Center for Worker Justice
Misty Rebik May 14, 2014;
- Over 70 people gathered with the Center for Worker Justice of Eastern Iowa:: Centro de Justicia Laboral to hold Outback accountable to business practices that are stealing people's wages! — with Joshua Hurtado, Kossiwa A. and Marcela Hurtado.
Center for Worker Justice of Eastern Iowa crew
Misty Rebik September 18, 2014.
DSA of Iowa public Facebook group
In September 2017 Misty Rebik was a member of the Democratic Socialists of Iowa public Facebook group.
Iowa City Democratic Socialists of America Meeting Minutes – September 30th, 2017.
- Misty Rebik of Glasson gubernatorial campaign presented. Union and labor rights will be at forefront of campaign. Core issues in platform including medicare for all, minimum wage raise, restore/expand union rights, water/ag pollution, free k-12 and tuition.
- Q and A session with Rebik.