DSA Veterans Working Group Statement on Afghanistan
- The Democratic Socialists of America Veterans Working Group harshly condemns President Trump’s plan to continue the sixteen-year occupation of Afghanistan.
- August 22, 2017
- Americans must ask themselves: what have the hundreds of billions of dollars spent; the deaths of more than 2,000 American servicemembers, more than 100,000 Afghans, and unknown numbers of suicides or trauma related deaths; the stains upon our conscience, the torture, abuse, murder, and waste in Afghanistan brought us? The answer is nothing. The war is lost and has been for years. People are dying to secure the legacy and bank accounts of career officers and politicians whose ideas failed over a decade ago. The only solution is total and immediate withdrawal of all military forces from Afghanistan.
- Thus, in the name of peace for both our American and Afghan brothers and sisters, our comrades who span every person-made border we say WITHDRAW.
- Amber Mathwig, US Navy 2002-2012
- Andrea Chandler, US Navy 1998-2008
- Kyle Conrad, US Army 2006-2010
- Kevin A. Green, US Navy 2006-2011
- Timothy Hardin, US Army 2002-2014
- Michael Dixon, US Navy 1982-1986
- Greg Harden, US Army 2011-2016
- EDR, US Marine Corps 2005-2009
- Giuseppe Impastato, US Army 2010-2012; 2016-present
- Jeff Kleiman, US Army 2004-2008
- Chris Epps, US Army 2006-2014
- Carmelo Delgado Delgado, US Army 2016-present
- Luke Pratt, OKNG 2003-2006, US Army 2006-2010
- Marty Mohr, US Army 2001-2011
- SRG, US Navy 1991-2000
- Lyle Rubin, US Marine Corps 2006-2011
- Joshua Adams, US Army 2006-2010
- Michael Patterson, US Army 2008-2011