One of the founders of Activist San Diego -- what he calls "an information center for progressives in San Diego" and a training center for young activists -- has been involved with social-justice issues since high school. Eder, 53 in 2000 , lives in Ocean Beach but has just stationed Activist San Diego in the World Beat Center in Balboa Park. "I did go to Seattle," Eder says, "and was terribly enthused to see such a cross-fertilization of youth and experienced activists on a new global agenda."
He won't characterize the state of youth activism in the beach communities, but Eder admits it's a difficult time to organize youth and there's a lot less street activism and visibility here than there used to be. "There are few issues that are affecting such a wide number of people right now as civil rights and Vietnam [did], so large numbers of people aren't being galvanized."
Martin Eder is a retired professor of Sociology who taught at MiraCosta College, Palomar College, City College, and National University, over the span of a 25-year career.
At Mira Costa College, he taught courses in Social Problems, Sociology of the Media, Race and Culture, and Social Change in the School of Education. At National University, he taught Multicultural and Bi-lingual Education, and Chicano/Latino History at the Masters Level in their Teacher Credential program. 
KNSJ 89.1 FM Community Radio, President; Activist San Diego Exec. Director; Social Justice Activist at KNSJ and Activist San Diego, Equity Builders of California, San Diego Coalition for Peace and Justice.
- North Carolina Central University Sociology, Race and Cultural Relations 1990 – 1991
- University of Colorado at Boulder Bachelor of Science (BS), Political Science and Government 1968 – 1972
They were Robin Podolsky a poet and lesbian activist in Los Angeles, Martin Eder a video maker and activist among students in San Diego, Jeff Harley formerly active in the New York arts scene, then labor activist, now video maker, David Stock labor, electoral, solidarity worker, photographer, LA dockworker .
In June/July 1994 Silvia Cida, Hugh Page, Patricia Cofre, Martin Eder , Stephanie Jennings, Noreen Sullivan, served on the production committee of Moving Forward, the newsletter of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization/Socialist Organizing Network.
The FARC (Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia), in spite of savage repression by the Colombian government, death squads and the US military, continues to wage the longest continuous guerrilla insurgency for national liberation in the world. In a FARC-controlled zone of Colombia in 2001, Martin Eder interviewed a major leader of the group for Freedom Road magazine.
- Martin Eder: Thank you for your time in the middle of this national crisis. Tell us what is your role and position within the FARC?
- Comandante Raúl Reyes: I am a member of the Secretariat of the Central Command of the FARC, responsible for the dialogues with the government, and head of foreign relations for the FARC.
Freedom Road magazine
Freedom Road magazine Number 13, Winter 2003 gave special thanks to Martin Eder.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
May Day 2011
The world is in crisis,” said Martin Eder, founder and director of Activist San Diego but speaking on this occasion for the Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO). “The social movements are our only salvation. The Left needs to present a vision of what the world should be. Che Guevara said that all true revolutionaries are motivated by the power of love. We’re out here through a great love of the people, and if we listen carefully we will hear people on May Day declaring themselves for peace, justice, freedom and a new society with no exploitation. More than anything, as a San Diego community it’s up to us to build a united front against the oppressor, and to show how moneyed capitalism has stolen all the good things of the world from us, and brainwashed us to accept it.” 
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Martin Eder.
Supporting Lori Saldana
In 2018 Martin Eder supported Lori Saldana for Supervisor.
Racial Justice Coalition
Yusef Miller September 29, 2018:
- http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2000/nov/09/hard-town-activism/?page=2& San Diego Reader, Hard Town for Activism, By Justin Wolff, Nov. 9, 2000]
- Mira Costa's Social Activist Martin Eder: "Ecosocialism" May 26 · 6:30 PM
- Forward Motion Sep/Oct 1993]
- An Interview with Comandante Raúl Reyes Posted on Sunday September 1st, 2002 by Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109