Rev. Jennifer Bailey
"A letter from the movement to the movement'
In September 2019 Jennifer Bailey was one of 100 black leaders, many affiliated with Liberation Road who signed A letter from the movement to the movement defending Maurice Moe Mitchell and Nelini Stamp of the Working Families Party for endorsing Elizabeth Warren instead of Bernie Sanders for the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
SURJ Accountability Council
The Accountability Council is designed to engage leaders of color who offer feedback and counsel on SURJ's strategy, organizing and political direction.
- Rev. Jennifer Bailey, Faith Matters Network
- Bill Fletcher, Jr. , Author and Organizer
- Rachel LaForest, Right to the City
- Maurice Moe Mitchell, Blackbird/Ferguson Action
- Denise Perry, BOLD - Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity
- Bree Newsome, Ignite NC
- Janis Roshuval, United Methodist Women Racial Justice Commission
- James Rucker, Color of Change