- 1 Education
- 2 YDS The "S" Word at ISU
- 3 “Revolution at the Crossroads"
- 4 The Anti-Racism Working Group of DSA
- 5 Iowa City DSA Facebook closed group page
- 6 Iowa DSA-Social/Non-Business facebook group
- 7 DSA of Iowa public Facebook group
- 8 YDS leaders
- 9 Chicago DSA Closed Facebook group
- 10 Flyover Resistance
- 11 Twin Cities DSA Facebook
- 12 Jewish Solidarity Caucus
- 13 References
Javier Miranda is an Iowa activist.
YDS The "S" Word at ISU
In 2016 Javier Miranda was a leading member of YDS The "S" Word at ISU.
“Revolution at the Crossroads"
From February 17-19 2017, members of Young Democratic Socialists (YDS) gathered for “Revolution at the Crossroads: Igniting the Socialist Resistance Against Trump.” The first YDS conference since the post-Bernie/Trump boom, the gathering "acted as a rally point for all our new members as well as the staging ground for building and confronting the new far-right administration".
More than 250 people attended, almost three times as many as last year. Many of the attendees had just joined DSA in the past couple of months, and many were first politicized by the Bernie campaign. But "as less than a month had passed since the Inauguration, all attendees were concentrated on President Trump's new far-right administration".
The workshops on Saturday provided a valuable space to hear different perspectives on the resistance. They covered several important topics, from the labor movement to international perspectives, to critiques of intersectionality. Of particular note was the “Skills Training to Fight the Right on Your Campus” workshop, led by myself and fellow Anti-Racism Working Group member Javier Miranda, and moderated by YDS Coordinating Committee member Andrew Shelton.
The Anti-Racism Working Group of DSA
In February 2017, the Anti-Racism Working Group of Democratic Socialists of America consisted of Jared Abbott, Demitrius Callins, Adam Cardo, Duane Campbell, Elizabeth Henderson, Javier Miranda, Maria Svart.
Iowa City DSA Facebook closed group page
As of May 10, 2017;
- Chris Laursen
- Courtney O'Meara
- Rose Fiala
- Ian Gonzalez
- Emmett Rensin
- Javier Miranda
- Bill Harshbarger
Iowa DSA-Social/Non-Business facebook group
In September 2017 Javier Miranda was Moderator of the Iowa DSA-Social/Non-Business public facebook group.
DSA of Iowa public Facebook group
In September 2017 Javier Miranda was Admin of the Democratic Socialists of Iowa public Facebook group.
As of June 17, 2017, members included Javier Miranda.
Chicago DSA Closed Facebook group
- This is the official Facebook group for Chicago DSA and its branches (South Side, Northside, and Oak Park)
Twin Cities DSA Facebook
Jewish Solidarity Caucus
- [http://www.dsausa.org/yds_igniting_the_socialist_resistance_against_trump YDS YDS:Igniting the Socialist Resistance Against Trump Posted by Democratic Socialists of America on 03.10.17]
- No Ban – No Wall, DSA Builds Activist Response to Trump’s Actions Posted by Democratic Socialists of America on 02.03.17