Deborah Ross stood for US Senate (North Carolina) in 2016. She entered Congress from North Carolina's 2nd District in 2020.
Deborah Ross attended Brown University for her undergraduate degree and attended law school at the University of North Carolina in 1990. She is a former state representative of North Carolina who served in the state legislature from 2003-2013. There she had a successful tenure, serving as a Majority Whip, and at the time of her resignation in 2013, State House Deputy Minority Whip. She was the vice chairwoman on the ethics committee and sat on the education, elections, finance, and judiciary committees.
She is currently working as a legal counsel to GoTriangle, a transit organization in North Carolina. Ross She is a practicing attorney in North Carolina, a business ethics consultant, and a senior lecturing fellow at Duke University. She also served as the state director of the American Civil Liberties Union.
Our Revolution endorsement
PowerPAC+ 2016 Endorsements
PowerPAC+ 2016 endorsements;
- Lucy Flores - U.S. Congress - Nevada-04
- Mary Gonzalez - Texas State Legislature
- Kamala Harris - U.S. Senate, California
- Jane Kim - California State Legislature
- Zephyr Teachout - US Congress, New York
- Deborah Ross - US Senate, North Carolina
- Pramila Jayapal - US Congress, Washington 7th District
- Catherine Cortez-Masto - US Senate, Nevada
- Victoria Neave - Texas State Legislature
- Michael Tubbs - Mayor of Stockton
Council for a Livable World 2016
Council for a Livable World Senate endorsed candidates in 2016 were Catherine Cortez Masto (Nev), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.), Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Deborah Ross (D-N.C.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), Ted Strickland (D-Ohio).
According to the Council;
- Deborah has supported the Iran nuclear deal, saying she favors approaching threats in a multilateral way and foreign policy through diplomacy.
- She has endorsed the Kissinger-Schulz-Nunn-Perry vision of moving responsibly toward a world free of nuclear weapons and further negotiations with Russia to reduce nuclear weapons.