Lucy Flores is an Attorney and former member of the Nevada State Assembly.
Board Member of Our Revolution
U.S. House of Representatives, Nevada’s 4th District, 2016. Lucy Flores, 36, is no doubt the only candidate running for Congress who at the age of 15 was a gang member on parole for auto theft. Flores credits her parole officer for helping turn her life around. After earning a GED, she attended the University of Southern California. An outspoken supporter of Bernie Sanders during Nevada’s February caucuses, Flores earned the enmity of the Latina Advisory Council, a new initiative of Emily’s List and the pro-Clinton super PAC Priorities USA to increase the number of Latinas elected to office. On March 10, Emily’s List announced it was endorsing Flores’ opponent, white philanthropist Susie Lee. In response, Alida Garcia, a political strategist for Obama’s 2012 campaign, slammed Emily’s List on Facebook, writing, “This is how white privilege works in ‘the establishment,’ pals. … White privilege is having your own money, moving into a district that’s competitive because of voters of color, never having worked for those people of color, and getting white organizations to endorse you because you have money.”
PowerPAC+ 2016 Endorsements
- Lucy Flores - U.S. Congress - Nevada-04
- Mary Gonzalez - Texas State Legislature
- Kamala Harris - U.S. Senate, California
- Jane Kim - California State Legislature
- Victoria Neave - Texas State Legislature
- Michael Tubbs - Mayor of Stockton
Supporting Lucy Flores
PowerPAC+ October 16, 2014;
- This week, PowerPAC+ hosted a reception in support of Democratic candidate for Lieutenant Governor Lucy Flores and we got to learn a little more about the candidate who's making history in not just her home state of Nevada but around the country. FYI- if elected, Lucy will be the first Latina Lieutenant Governor of Nevada and she'll be just one of four Latino officials to hold statewide office.
- Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom spoke very highly of Lucy, often referring to their work together as lawmakers in support of progressive issues -- Newsom with marriage equality and Flores with education. You can tell these two leaders have an immense amount of respect for each other. They're both a distillation of the change we want to see in American politics between our political past and our political future: Flores who'll make history in history in her state and Newsom who made history in California. 
Steve Phillips October 15, 2014 ·
Had a great event last night for Lucy Flores's campaign for Nevada Lt. Gov. And with special guests CA Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom and Obama's nominee for Ambassador to Mexico, Maria Echaveste! — with Yukiya Jerry Waki, Laura Brady, Johanna Silva Waki, Andrea Dew Steele, Amy Chen and Crystal Zermeno.
Launch of Democracy in Color
Steve Phillips July 28, 2016
Words can't convey the power of these women taking the stage and showing by word and symbol what the future looks like. — with Stacey Abrams, Nina Turner, Lucy Flores, Alida Garcia, Rida Hamida, Jane Kim and Aimee Allison in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Unity Reform Commission
In 2017 the Democratic National Committee's 21-member Unity Reform Commission included nine members selected by Hillary Clinton, seven members picked by Bernie Sanders, three picked by Thomas Perez, and the chair and vice chair ― selected by Clinton and Sanders, respectively.
Aside from Chair Jen O’Malley Dillon, a Clinton pick, the breakdown of the members selected by Perez and Clinton is not public.
Sanders named his selections to the commission. They were Larry Cohen, the vice chair; former Ohio state Sen. Nina Turner; former Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver; former Sanders New York delegate Nomiki Konst; James Zogby, founder of the Arab American Institute; former Berkeley, California Mayor Gus Newport; former Nevada Assemblywoman Lucy Flores; and Nebraska Democratic Party Chair Jane Kleeb.
The DNC declined to name the three members Perez picked and a spokesman for Clinton did not respond to a request for information on her appointments.
Our Revolution Maryland
Our Revolution - Maryland's first statewide meeting. Sunday, April 23 3:30 p.m. Tommy Douglas Conference Center 10000 New Hampshire Ave Silver Spring, MD 20903. A livestream with Nina Turner, Larry Cohen, Lucy Flores, Benjamin Jealous and DSA member Mike Connolly.
Inclusv Advisory Board members, as of May 12, 2018 included Lucy Flores.