- 1 Peacenews.org
- 2 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 3 GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee
- 4 People's Daily World
- 5 U.S. Peace Council
- 6 Communist Party reformer
- 7 CoC National Conference endorser
- 8 Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
- 9 Editorial board News for a People's World
- 10 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 11 References
Conn (Ringo) Hallinan
As of February 14 2018, contributors to Promoting Enduring Peace flagship magazine PeaceNews.org include Medea Benjamin, Amy Goodman, Joseph Daher, Arik Ascherman, George Gantz, Joseph Gerson, Jeff Halper, Conn Hallinan, Kathy Kelly, Ralph Nader, Stanley Heller, Andy Piascik, Melinda Tuhus, and Mazin Qumsiyeh.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Conn Hallinan, was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee
People's Daily World
U.S. Peace Council
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Ringo Hallinan, Northern California, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Conn Hallinan endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
New World Order Confronting the "New World Order". The multinational corporation, inter-imperialist rivalry, anti-imperialism and the struggle for peace, disarmament and non-intervention.
- Susan Borenstein, former exec. director, National Chile Center, NY
- Conn Hallinan, prof. of journalism, UC Santa Cruz
- Erik Larsen, Marine conscientious objector recently released from prison for refusing orders for Gulf War
- Shantika Emker, student of Marxist philosophy
- Roger Burback, Center for the Study of the Americas
- April Knutson, Center for Advanced Feminist Studies, Univ. of Minnesotta, Minneapolis
- Gus Newport, former mayor, Berkeley
Editorial board News for a People's World
The 1993 News for a People's World editor's committee board consisted of Alice Sunshine (editor), Marcy Rein (managing editor), committee members Pele deLappe, Conn Hallinan, Tahan Jones, Eric Mar, Hannah Miller, Jonathan Nack, Marty Price, David Raymond , Barry Sheppard and John Trinkl.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- FB friends page
- Undated, GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee letterhead circa 1969
- PDW Dec. 9.
- Peoples Daily World Oct 15 1986 p 10
- Addendum to Initiative document Nov. 13 1991
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- News for a People's World, November 1993, page 2
- Letter to Obama on Iran