Joseph Gerson is disarmament coordinator of the American Friends Service Committee and director of programs for AFSC in New England. He works closely with Asian, European and other international peace and justice movements. His most recent book is Empire and the Bomb: How the US Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World.
As of February 14 2018, contributors to Promoting Enduring Peace flagship magazine PeaceNews.org include Medea Benjamin, Amy Goodman, Joseph Daher, Arik Ascherman, George Gantz, Joseph Gerson, Jeff Halper, Conn Hallinan, Kathy Kelly, Ralph Nader, Stanley Heller, Andy Piascik, Melinda Tuhus, and Mazin Qumsiyeh.
In January 2002, a group of San Francisco leftists, mainly involved with STORM or Committees of Correspondence, founded a national anti-Iraq War newspaper War Times. Endorsers of the project included Joseph Gerson.
Quito "peace" conference
March 5-9, 2007 Hundreds of activists from around the world came together March 5 through 9 to attend the International Conference for the Abolition of Foreign Military Bases at the Catholic University in Quito, Ecuador.
Many U.S. activists were present at the conference including Medea Benjamin from Global Exchange and Code Pink; Joseph Gerson of the American Friends Service Committee; Ikaika Hussey, a Hawaiian anti-base activist; Genaro Rendon, Co-Director of the Southwest Workers Union and the Committee for Environmental Justice Action in San Antonio, Texas, and John Lindsay-Poland of the Fellowship of Reconciliation.
Medea Benjamin pointed out how the American people are hurt by U.S. foreign military bases as it diverts money from social causes and promotes militarism. "The U.S. people do not want more bases abroad. We know it is not about protecting people but protecting corporate profits. We are victims of the empire and our kids are getting killed." 
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Fasting against “Star Wars”
In 2008 , Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space promoted a June 22 “Global day of fasting to Stop Star Wars”.
- The global day of fasting to Stop Star Wars on June 22 is one important way for the public to become involved in this debate. All over the world the U.S. is dragging the "allies" into Star Wars and active resistance to the insanity of an arms race in space is growing.
Included on the “fast’ list was Joseph Gerson of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Working Group for Peace and Demilitarization in Asia and the Pacific
Working Group for Peace and Demilitarization in Asia and the Pacific released a "Statement Opposing U.S.-South Korea Joint Military Exercises Key Resolve Foal Eagle" circa 2008;
Christine Ahn, Gretchen Alther, Rev. Levi Bautista, Jackie Cabasso, Herbert Docena, John Feffer, Bruce Gagnon, Joseph Gerson, Subrata Goshoroy, Mark Harrison, Christine Hong, Kyle Kajihiro, Peter Kuznick, Hyun Lee, Ramsay Liem, Andrew Lichterman, John Lindsay-Poland, Ngo Vinh Long, Stephen McNeil, Nguyet Nguyen, Satoko Norimatsu, Koohan Paik, Mike Prokosch, Juyeon Rhee, Arnie Sakai, Tim Shorrock, Alice Slater, David Vine, Sofia Wolman, Kevin Martin.
Campaign for Peace and Democracy
April 4 Cambridge MA Teach-In on NATO
"The 1% – What’s NATO Got to Do with It? Afghanistan, Libya, Russia, Iran, China & Economic Injustice" , A teach-in with Vijay Prashad, Ellen Frank & Joseph Gerson, was held April 4, 2012 Cambridge Friends Meeting, 5 Longfellow Park (off Brattle Street, near Harvard Square), Massachusetts.
- Peace and justice organizations, community based groups and Occupy are preparing to challenge militarism and austerity when the leaders of the NATO and G-8 nations meet in Chicago this May. Join us to learn what NATO and the G-8 have to do with the world’s wars, economic crises, and making the world safe for the 1%.
Joseph Gerson "is Director of AFSC’s Peace and Economic Security Program. He is a lead organizer of the May 18 Counter-Summit for Peace and Economic Justice in Chicago. His most recent book is Empire and the Bomb: How the U.S. Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World."
-  Disarm now for peace and human needs conference website, accessed July 18, 2010
- WAR TIMES January 29, 2002
- Activists Call for an End to Foreign Military Bases by Camille Sauvé Sunday Mar 18th, 2007
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Organizing Notes blog: STAR WARS OR SOCIAL PROGRESS - YOU DECIDE, June 21, 2008 (accessed on April 21, 2010)
- Opposing U.S.-South Korea Joint Military Exercises Key Resolve Foal Eagle
- April 4 Cambridge MA Teach-In on NATO with Vijay Prashad, Ellen Frank, and Joseph Gerson, By swolman on February 24, 2012