Frank Chapman is a long time Communist Party USA supporter.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Frank Chapman was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
- Finally, and on a more personal note, had it not been for Esther and Jim Jackson I might still be in prison for they were the ones who first called national attention to my case through the pages of "Freedomways" in the Summer of 1966.
US Peace Council
- Mark Shanahan, CNFMP
- Sarah Staggs, Chicago Peace Council
- Rep. Irving Stolberg, Connecticut
- David Cortright, SANE
- Rev. William Hogan, Clergy and Laity Concerned
- Terry Provance, AFSC
- Michael Myerson, executive director - a long-time functionary of the New York State Communist Party USA.
- Erica Foldy, CNFMP
- Frank Chapman, AFSC
- Archie Singham, The Nation, editorial board
- Betsy Sweet, WILPF
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts
- Miriam Friedlander and Gilberto Gerena-Valentin, New York City Council members
- Edwin Vargas, Jr., vice president, Connecticut Federation of Teachers, Hartford, Connecticut
1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Frank Chapman was an Executive Board member of the Communist Party USA dominated U.S. Peace Council 1983-1985-National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, NYC.
National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression (NAARPR) was founded in 1973 in Chicago, Illinois. It grew out of the struggle to free Angela Davis from a "racist frame-up" on murder charges surrounding the aborted attempt by Jonathan Jackson to free his brother, George Jackson and the Soledad Brothers in 1970.
- Notice, Daily World, Nov. 11, 1982, p. 19, "What's On" section, re Nov. 14th "Victory Celebration. Reception honoring Frank Chapman, Associate Director NAARPR and Contributing Editor, Freedomways Magazine, freed after 21 years of prison and parole. Report on the recent victory in the Mayor Eddie Carthan case in Mississippi. Benefit for NAARPR and
- Frank Chapman was a scheduled speaker at the LRA's (Ninth) "Annual Banquet Luncheon" planned for November 21, 1982, NYC. (Daily World, Nov. 11, 1982, p. 20, "Hail Black Caucus at LRA annual fete"). The LRA has long been cited by the government as a Communist Party front.
- The organization's 10th Anniversary Conference was held in Chicago, May 13-15 1983 at the McCormick Inn - Featured speakers included Frank Chapman
Chapman as Editorial Board Member People's Weekly World
Frank Chapman finally came out as a Communist Party USA member when his name appeared as a member of the Editorial Board, People's Weekly World, with one example being the April 11, 1998, issue, page 12.
He also wrote columns and articles for the PWW, some of which will be listed here to provide a chronology of his open relationship with the CPUSA.
"Revolutionary mole" letter
- Now, beyond all the optimism I was capable of mustering, Mr. Obama won Iowa! He won in a political arena 95 percent white. It was a resounding defeat for the manipulations of the ultra-right and their right-liberal fellow travelers. Also it was a hard lesson for liberals who underestimated the political fury of the masses in these troubled times.
- Obama’s victory was more than a progressive move; it was a dialectical leap ushering in a qualitatively new era of struggle. Marx once compared revolutionary struggle with the work of the mole, who sometimes burrows so far beneath the ground that he leaves no trace of his movement on the surface. This is the old revolutionary “mole,” not only showing his traces on the surface but also breaking through.
2013 CCDS conference
Nearly 100 delegates, observers and friends gathered in Pittsburgh, PA for the 7th Convention of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism over the July 18-21, 2013 weekend.
One panel was a discussion on how to use the Anne Braden film for radical education in organizing efforts. Presentations were made by Jim Branson, Janet Tucker, Frank Chapman, Ted Pearson, and the maker of the film, Anne Lewis.
- FB friends page
- War Called Peace
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- NAARPR newsletter Mar 24 1983 p1
- Peoples Weekly world January 12 2008
- CCDS Discussion, CCDS 7th Convention Debates Growth