- Have been member of NAM from '74 until merger, then DSA, since founding, (& CCDS, since founding). BUT I only recently felt more modest hope in (youthful influence) a return to 'democratic radicalism,' inside DSA, without its having lost sight of "the war of position" in this culture & the need to build counter-hegemonic solidarity: ..no easy task in this culture w competitive individualism, white settler heritage, etc.. I was a supporter of #CrossRoads magazine, an earlier attempt at cross left dialogue & analysis, launched by Frontline Political Org, the post M-L form of 'Line of March'
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Tom Edminster was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
NAM and DSA
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Tom Edminster executive board, United Educators of San Francisco, California, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Strategy 2 Where to from here? What next in the struggle for democracy in the United States?
- Ann Ginger, Director, Meiklejohn Library, Berkeley
- Atiba Mbiwan, youth service worker, Providence, RI
- Michael Myerson, writer, NY
- Mike Welch, admin. assistant, National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, NY
- Tom Edminster, exec. board, United Educators of San Francisco
Around 2007, Educational Justice was a Bay Area based socialist blog,
- From a collective of progressive education activists - stuff about teaching, thinking, parenting, social justice, desegregation, self-determination, economic justice, music, creativity, and building progressive movements for our future
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of March 16, 2017 included Tom Edminster.
- FB friends page
- CoC bio, circa 1994
- CCDS Background
- [http://www.nathannewman.org/EDIN/.left/CoC/.conference/.election.html, Committees of Correspondence Conference, July 19,1992 Final Corrections to the Balloting Committee Report by Steve Willett]
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Educational Justice, THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 06, 2007 9/10 SF forum - Chip Smith's The cost of privilege; taking on the system of white supremacy and racism; 9/23 Forum on Revolutionary Art
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Liberal Education website: List of Ayers Supporters