- 1 Education
- 2 Line of March
- 3 LOM Gay and Lesbian Conference
- 4 AAWO
- 5 CoC National Conference endorser
- 6 Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
- 7 Committees of Correspondence
- 8 Forward Motion
- 9 Institute for Social and Economic Studies/CrossRoads
- 10 Progressive Alliance of Alameda County
- 11 War Times Staff
- 12 References
Sushawn Robb is an East Bay Regional Park District Park Ranger · 1998 to present. Her partner is Lee Jenkins.
University of Washington School year 1977 · History and philosophy
Line of March
LOM Gay and Lesbian Conference
The invitation list for a mid '80s Line of March gay and lesbian conference included these names;
- Sushawn Robb - San Francisco.
In 1988 Sushawn Robb was active in the Alliance Against Women's Oppression.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992, Sushawn Robb, Women's Building, San Francisco endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Gay/Lesbian Movement Building the left in the gay/lesbian movement and strengthening alliances in all the people's movements
- Tom Boot, Black gay socialist activist, No CA
- Harry Hay, Radical Faerie Political Network
- Pat Norman, exec. director, California AIDS Intervention Center
- Dr. Maggie Rubenstein, bisexual activist
- Sushawn Robb, Harvey Milk Lesbian Gay Democratic Club
- Pam David, lesbian/gay activist, SF
Committees of Correspondence
In 1997 Sushawn Robb served on the National Co-Ordinating Committee of the Committees of Correspondence.
Institute for Social and Economic Studies/CrossRoads
In the mid 1990s waswas Executive Director of Oakland based Institute for Social and Economic Studies- sponsor of CrossRoads magazine, which sought to promote dialogue and building new alliances among progressives and leftists... and to bring diverse Marxist and socialist traditions to bear while exploring new strategies and directions for the progressive political movements.
Progressive Alliance of Alameda County
In the early 1990’s, Peter Camejo formedthe Progressive Alliance of Alameda County to which he donated twenty thousand dollars of his own money and hired Sushawn Robb as his director. However, within a year the project failed.
The Progressive Alliance of Alameda County held its founding conference June 1 and 2,1996, Federal Building Auditorium, Oakland California.
Supporting individuals included;
War Times Staff
Jan Adams, Karolo Aparicio, Mariana Bustamante, Ruth Warner Carrillo, Jung Hee Choi, Max Elbaum, Arnoldo Garcia, Rebecca Gordon, Felicia Gustin, Hany Khalil, Rachel Kahn, Lynn Koh, Gerald Lenoir, Burton Li, Betita Martinez, Samuel Orozco, Ricardo Ortega, Sushawn Robb, Kerry Taylor and Bob Wing.
- CCDS Background
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- CoC Corresponder November 1996/January 1997 Page 2
- Crossroads March 1996
- CrossRoads April/May 1996, page 6
- War Times Staff