She is the partner of Art Chen.
Committee to Free Choi Soo Lee activists
Committee to Free Choi Soo Lee activists Jeff Adachi, Peggy Saika, Warren Furutani, Jeff Mori, David Kakishiba, and Mike Suzuki, all Sansei whose families had spent the World War II years in the desolate concentration camps; Grant Din, Peggy Saika’s husband Dr. Art Chen, Susan Lew, Chris Chow, Esther Leong, Derrick Liem, and Sandra Gin, Chinese Americans; and Tom Surh, Gail Whang, Sook Nam Cho, Jai Lee Wong, Min Paek, and Han Yun, Korean Americans.
Now she's the former executive director of APEN, followed by Joselito Laudencia, our new E.D. But her role was tremendous.
And there were other people, from campus actually, that were students, just graduated. Pamela Chiang, who was a student here at UC, and then Pam Tau Lee, Jack Chin, who was with the San Francisco Foundation. And Eric Saito, Martha Matsuoka, and Francis Calpotura.
According to Pam Tau Lee, "we met for about two years and looked at the needs and what we would want to do, and worked with the San Francisco Foundation, which helped us develop the bylaws and those structures to get one of those C3-kind of tax status."
- And then we got the funding and hired Peggy Saika and a woman named Yin Ling Leung to be our first staff.
- The first thing that we wanted to do was a needs assessment, to be able to talk to various organizations-Asian organizations-about the issues of environmental justice, and to see how these issues reflected in their work and their experiences. That took a couple of years. Then looking at the data, we also did some demographics. We also participated in other research like seafood consumption and other things that were going on, toxic lead-as a way to investigate the situation. We then met with some folks in Richmond, California, the Laotian community there, and started talking about the need to be able to develop our organization from the grass roots. We focused then on Richmond, California. 
Progressive Alliance of Alameda County
The Progressive Alliance of Alameda County held its founding conference June 1 and 2,1996, Federal Building Auditorium, Oakland California.
Supporting individuals included;
North Star Fund
In 2014, at Chelsea Piers, North Star Fund held its annual Community Gala. This 35th Anniversary Community Gala was a spectacular celebration of North Star Fund and the achievements of our diverse community of philanthropic and grassroots activists and organizers. The event raised $870,000, which broke every previous record.
North Star Fund honored the following individuals for their leadership in activism and social justice: Dr. Gail Furman, psychologist specializing in child and adolescent psychology, activist, and donor supporting progressive political candidates and issues at the local, state, and national level; Peggy Saika, President and Executive Director of Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy, and founding executive director of the Asian Pacific Environmental Network; and William Traylor, President of Richman Housing Resources LLC, and a leader in the development of affordable and supportive housing in New York City.
CPA 40th anniversary
On August 4th 2012 to celebrate Chinese Progressive Association (San Francisco)'s 40th Anniversary. CPA was proud to honor the National Guestworkers Alliance and New Orleans Workers Center for Racial Justice, the Free MUNI for Youth Coalition, and Jobs with Justice San Francisco.
Rolland Lowe and Kathy Lowe • Grace Lee Boggs • Josue Arguelles • Supervisor John Avalos • Angelica Cabande • Supervisor David Campos • Mike Casey • Supervisor David Chiu • Antonio Diaz • Reverend Norman Fong • Conny Ford • Maria Guillen • Alicia Garza • Roger Kim • Supervisor Jane Kim • Helen Kim • Jee Kim • Mario Lugay • Supervisor Eric Mar • Gordon Mar • Alisa Messer • Luke Newton • Supervisor Christina Olague • Vincent Pan • Tim Paulson • Ai-jen Poo • Raquel Redondiez • Peggy Saika • Shiree Teng • Makani Themba-Nixon • Helena Wong • Miya Yoshitani
NWF Board Members
Board members September 2018:
- Julia Goodridge - CHAIR
- Peggy Saika - VICE CHAIR
- Jonathan Glionna - TREASURER
- Fred Azcarate - SECRETARY
- Kent Wong - MEMBER
- Lisa Abbott - MEMBER
- Sofia Campos - MEMBER
- Bill Dempsey - MEMBER
- Anthony Thigpenn - MEMBER
- David Harrison - MEMBER
- Maria Echaveste - EMERITUS
- SHOTS: Names of coalition builders that glow in our memory January 1, 2013 by K.W. Lee, Nichi Bei Weekly,
- [Full text of "Community and union organizing, and environmental justice in the San Francisco Bay Area, 1967-2000 : oral history transcript / 2003"]
- CrossRoads April/May 1996, page 6
- Chinese Progressive Association, Together We Move Mountains :: Celebrating Generations of Change