Blue Green Alliance
The Blue Green Alliance sponsors the annual Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference. The 2010 conference was held from May. 4-6, 2010.
Conference speakers included:
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Dr. Steven Chu, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy
- Hilda L. Solis, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor
- Ed Rendell, Governor of Pennsylvania
- Bill Ritter, Jr., Governor of Colorado
- U.S. Senator John Kerry, United States Senator of Massachusetts
- U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley, United States Senator of Oregon
- U.S. Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, Fifth District of Missouri
- U.S. Congressman Keith Ellison, Fifth District of Minnesota
- U.S. Congressman Ben Ray Luján, Third District of New Mexico
- U.S. Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, First Congressional District of Maine
Hu Jintao dinner
In January 2011, Chinese president Hu Jintao visited Washington DC for a high-profile summit. He had a red carpet rolled out for him and was greeted by Vice President Joe Biden at the airport. Highlights of the visit included a private dinner with President Barack Obama one night and a big state dinner the next.
Among those of Chinese descent that were present at the dinner were the newly inaugurated Chinese-American mayors of San Francisco and Oakland, California — Edwin Lee and Jean Quan — Energy Secretary Steven Chu, California Rep. Judy Chu, the first Chinese-American woman elected to Congress. Other members of Obama's Cabinet with seats at the table included Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and Education Secretary Arne Duncan. House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was the only top congressional leader to accept an invitation.