- In both Eastern and Western Pennsylvania support was given to one or more Green candidates for state legislature. Eastern Pennsylvania worked with Green Governor candidate Mike Morrill and report that he played a positive role and was publicly credited with influencing Democrat Ed Rendell on some issues. Western Pennsylvania (Communist Party) worked with labor for Rendell and wrote: 'While he is a conservative Democrat, Rendell is obligated to a progressive base. He has already made a representative of these supporters as part of the transition team.... The Green candidate was not a player in the Governor race.'
Blue Green Alliance
The Blue Green Alliance sponsors the annual Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference. The 2010 conference was held from May. 4-6, 2010.
Conference speakers included:
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Dr. Steven Chu, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy
- Hilda L. Solis, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Labor
- Ed Rendell, Governor of Pennsylvania
- Bill Ritter, Jr., Governor of Colorado
- U.S. Senator John Kerry, United States Senator of Massachusetts
- U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley, United States Senator of Oregon
- U.S. Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, Fifth District of Missouri
- U.S. Congressman Keith Ellison, Fifth District of Minnesota
- U.S. Congressman Ben Ray Luján, Third District of New Mexico
- U.S. Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, First Congressional District of Maine
“As Governor and on behalf of all Pennsylvanians, I thank everyone involved with CAIR-PA for your commitment to serving the needs of our commonwealth’s Muslim community and building a stronger, more united Pennsylvania.”- former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell (D) (April 2007).
- 2002 ELECTIONS: No Mandate For The Ultra Right, December 11 2002
- Democratic Underground.com, Jan-01-06
- Green Jobs Conference website: 2010 Speakers (accessed on Jan. 28, 2011)
- [https://www.cair.com/images/pdf/What-They-Say-About-CAIR.pdf What They Say About CAIR (October 2014)