Paul Rogat Loeb
Paul Rogat Loeb (expelled from Stanford University for campus disruption), American social and political activist and author.
Paul Rogat Loeb is an associated scholar at Seattle's Center for Ethical Leadership, is the author of Generation at the Crossroads, Hope in Hard Times, and Nuclear Culture. He comments regularly on social involvement for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Psychology Today, Utne Reader, CNN, NPR, and elsewhere.
1995 DSA Youth Conference
In August 1995 Adolph Reed, Ginny Coughlin, Joanne Landy, Jeremy Smith, Stephen Coats, Paul Rogat Loeb, Lauren Berlant, Joseph Schwartz, Shakoor Aljuwani, Ron Aronson and Eric Vega, spoke at the Democratic Socialists of America Youth Section conference in Chicago.
Opposing Israeli Policy in Gaza
- As human beings, we are shocked and appalled at the mass destruction unleashed by the State of Israel against the people of Gaza in its military operation, following years of Israeli occupation, siege, and deprivation.
- As progressives, we reject the same justifications for the carnage that we heard ad nauseam from the supporters of the Second Iraq War: the so-called "war on terror," the "clash of civilizations," the "need to re-establish deterrence" – all of which served to justify a misguided and unnecessary war, with disastrous consequences for America and Iraq.
Letter to Holder and Obama
- Local leaders and groups ask President Obama and U.S. Attorney General to end Grand Jury investigation of peace and solidarity activists...
More than 70 regional community leaders and organizations have signed an open letter calling on President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to use their authority to "stop assaults on freedom of speech and association, to halt FBI entrapment, [and] to keep nonviolent activists from being sent to prison.” The letter (attached) was issued by Seattle United Against FBI Repression.
Signatories included Paul Rogat Loeb.
- Democratic Left July/August 1995, page 11
- Dem. Left Millennium issue, part 2, 1999, page 35
- The Magnes Zionist website: American Jews Oppose Israeli Policy in Gaza