Studied Philosophy at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Megan Macaraeg August 3, 2008 ·
Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition
Former Organizing Director at Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition.
Movement Activist Apprenticeship Program
New Nashville Movement
Friday, September 13, 2013 roughly 200 women came to D.C. to march, blockade, protest and get arrested as a part of a mass demonstration on Capitol Hill. We Belong Together, an initiative of the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF) and the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), organized the action. The protest featured various women’s groups that gathered, held hands in a circle and sat down on Independence Ave between Capitol Hill and House members’ offices. By the end of the day over 100 women were arrested as they called for a move on immigration legislation.
New Virginia Majority staff, as of November 2018;
- Jon Liss, Executive Director
- Tram Nguyen, Co-Executive Director
- Jennifer Granado, Director of Admistration
- Thomas Assefa, Organizing Director
- Maya Castillo Morrison, Political Director
- Aruna Jain, Digital Director
- Megan Macaraeg, Development Director
- Center for Third World Organizing website: Alumni Network (accessed on Aug. 16, 2010)
- [http://hyphenmagazine.com/blog/2013/9/20/women-stand-and-get-arrested-immigration-reform Hyphen WOMEN STAND UP AND GET ARRESTED FOR IMMIGRATION REFORM Nadia Hussain September 20, 2013]