Leonard (Lenny) Potash is a long-time leader of the single-payer healthcare movement. He is a life-long trade union activist and leader who is currently an Executive Board member of AFSCME Retiree Chapter 36. He was a founding member of Labor United for Universal Healthcare in Southern California and served as its Co-chair until 2016. He is a member of Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. Sponsors of the event included Leonard Potash.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Leonard Potash, AFSCME, Los Angeles, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Endorsed Marcy Winograd
In 2006 Leonard Potash of AFSCME 36 Retirees was a Labor Union Activist endorser of Marcy Winograd of the Los Angeles Progressive Democrats of America in her unsuccessful primary bid for the Democratic Party nomination 26th Congressional District in California
Labor Campaign for Single Payer
In 2009 Leonard Potash, Los Angeles Labor Task Force for Universal Healthcare served on the Steering Committee of Labor Campaign for Single Payer.
Leonard Potash was an active participant in the 2016 Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Convention, in Emeryville California.
Single Payer Leadership Meeting Agenda
Las Vegas, NV Sep. 30 – Oct. 1, 2017. The Longhorn Room, Binion’s Gambling Hall 128 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV.
- 10:00AM-10:05AM Call to Order: Jean Ross, National Nurses United
- 10:05AM-10:15AM Introducing Nevada for Healthcare-NOW! & Allies: Tisia Stemp and Keenan Korth
- 10:15AM-10:30AM Welcome to Nevada: Congresswoman Dina Titus (Nevada’s 1st District)
- 10:30AM-10:45AM Goals & structure of the Leadership Meeting: Benjamin Day, Healthcare-NOW
- 10:45AM-11:45AM Keynote Speakers: Dr. Paul Song and Amy Vilela
- 11:45AM-12:45PM Panel: Organizing Across Issues & Organizations During This “Movement Moment”: Moderator: Eileen Eady, Nevada for Healthcare-NOW!; Rose Roach, Minnesota Nurses Association; Martese Chism, National Nurses United; Erika Washington, Make It Work. Nevada4thePeople; Deborah Harris, Women’s March on Washington.
- 2:30PM-2:50PM Speaker: Preparing for Opposition… from our Enemies and our Friends: Michael Lighty, National Nurses United.
- 3:30PM-4:30PM Panel: Developing Effective Medium-Term Campaigns After the Era of Resistance: Benjamin Day, Healthcare-NOW!; Ben Palmquist, NESRI; Libby Devlin, NNU/NNOC; Donna Smith, PDA.
- 5:10PM-6:00PM Plenary: Lessons from Roundtable Discussions & Open Mic: Lenny Potash, Labor United for Universal Healthcare; Ursula Rozum, Campaign for NY Health; Amirah Sequiera, National Nurses United
- Sunday, October 1 – 10AM-12PM Noon
- 10:00AM-10:15AM Responding to Pushback from Legislators: Dr. Bill Honigman and Dr. Roona Ray
- PDA Arizona State Coordinator Dan O'Neal moderated a discussion.