Jamie McCallum studies Sociology at the CUNY Graduate Center, and teaches in the Urban Studies department and the Center for Worker Education at Queens College. As an agitator for social justice, he's been a labor organizer in New York and California, and helped build worker-activist alliances before the WTO protest in Seattle in 1999. .
Left Forum board
In 2009, the Left Forum board included Stanley Aronowitz, Roderick Bush, Eric Canepa, Vivek Chibber, Nancy Holmstrom, Jamie McCallum, Lorraine Minnite, Frances Fox Piven, Hobart Spalding, Bill Tabb, Richard D. Wolf and Julia Wrigley. 2009 was McCallum's third year working with Left Forum.
Left Forum 2011
International Labor Solidarity:
- Sponsored by: Working USA: The Journal of Labor and Society
- Aviva Chomsky, Salem State University - Massachusetts
- Carlos Esquer, Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores Mineros, Mexico
- Hae-Lin Choi, CWA
- Jamie McCallum, CUNY Graduate Center / Left Forum
- Kate Bronfenbrenner, Cornell University
- Stanley Aronowitz, CUNY Graduate Center
LeftRoots shared a video. April 30, 2016 ·
In April 2016 Francesca Fiorentini of Al Jazeera interviewed LeftRoots members Maria Poblet, Carlos Martinez (educator), and Ying-sun Ho (musician) on socialism over brunch. Academic Jamie McCallum was part of the group.