Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Hernando Martinez, San Antonio, was on the list..
Tribute to San Antonio communists
The People's Weekly World of May 20, 2000, carried a May Day Supplement. On page B, San Antonio activists paid tribute to contributors to the "worker's cause" - all Communist Party USA members Emma Tenayuca (1916-1999), John Inman (1896-1996), Manuela Soliz Sager (1911-1996), James Sager (1902-1979), Luisa Moreno (1906-1992).
Signatories included Hernando Martinez.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
Communist party meeting
Participants in the Communist Party USA’s conference on the 2004 elections in New York City, Jan. 31, say they returned to their home districts and plunged into voter registration and other election work that bodes well for a huge “dump Bush” vote next Nov. 2.
The daylong “Unite to Take Back Our Country” conference at Winston Unity Center in Manhattan attracted more than 300 delegates from 25 states to hear a main report by CPUSA Political Action Chair Joelle Fishman. There were also speeches by leaders of other organizations, including Rita Haley, president of New York City’s National Organization for Women, who appealed to the crowd to fill the buses for the April 25 March for Women’s Lives in Washington.
Hernando Martinez of San Antonio, one of 10 delegates from Texas, said the Party in the Lone Star State is in the thick of the fight against Republican gerrymandering that has targeted pro-labor Democrats. Rep. Ciro Rodriguez (D-Texas), chair of the Hispanic Caucus, was declared the loser to his primary opponent, Henry Cuellar, a Democrat with ties to GOP Gov. Rick Perry. Two boxes stuffed with 300 Cuellar votes were found after the votes had been counted. Rodriguez has gone to court charging fraud. “That has to be one of our major concerns in this election. Bush will steal votes, do anything to stay in power,” Martinez said. 
San Antonio Party member
From an October 14, 2004 San Antonio Current article, "Out of hiding" by Lisa Sorg.
- On a recent Saturday evening, the local Communist Party held a meeting about the upcoming election not in a basement or secret room, but in a Mexican restaurant with big windows that let the setting sun shine in. The 10 attendees included several former and current party members, a Democrat-turned-Green, and a woman who had spent the day registering voters on behalf of Bexar County Democrats.
"The party was hiding for a long time," said member Hernando Martinez. "But the party has been transforming itself into a more open group. We need to participate with others. A lot of people are curious about us. You can get in anytime and leave anytime."•
Communist Party USA
Andrea Greimel, Andy Sivak, Brad J, Celia Joanna Stanford, Elaine Lantz, Gene Lantz, Francisco Paco Cantu, Frank Valdez, Sheila Valdez, Hernando Martinez, Jaime Martinez, John Stanford, Paul Hill, Richard Pressman, Stewart Minor.
Cesar Chavez National Holiday campaign
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
-  Peoples Weekly World April 24 2004, The CPUSA fires up its members to ‘Dump Bush!’, Tim Wheeler
- [ttp://www.sacurrent.com/sanantonio/out-of-hiding/Content?oid=2271248, San Antonio Current, Out of hiding By Lisa Sorg October 14, 2004]
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006