Communist Party Labor Day call
Of the more than 100 endorsers listed, almost all were identified members of the Communist Party USA.
Tribute to San Antonio communists
The People's Weekly World of May 20, 2000, carried a May Day Supplement. On page B, San Antonio activists paid tribute to contributors to the "worker's cause" - all Communist Party USA members Emma Tenayuca (1916-1999), John Inman (1896-1996), Manuela Soliz Sager (1911-1996), James Sager (1902-1979), Luisa Moreno (1906-1992).
Signatories included Frank Valdez.
Communist Party MLK tribute
We salute Dr. King’s courage and vision. He saw and struggled for an America and world that can be. We pledge in his memory to work to reorder our nation’s priorities “so that the pursuit of peace will take precedence over the pursuit of war.”
"Former" San Antonio Party member
From an October 14, 2004 San Antonio Current article, "Out of hiding" by Lisa Sorg.
- On a recent Saturday evening, the local Communist Party held a meeting about the upcoming election not in a basement or secret room, but in a Mexican restaurant with big windows that let the setting sun shine in. The 10 attendees included several former and current party members, a Democrat-turned-Green, and a woman who had spent the day registering voters on behalf of Bexar County Democrats.
Former party member Frank Valdez, now a "maverick independent," is voting for Kerry since Dennis Kucinich did not receive the nomination. "The Left whines that there is no 100 percent pure candidate. We have a fascist in office. I'm not a fan of John Kerry, but I would rather see him in office. Bush will never vote progressive."
Communist Party of Texas
Andrea Greimel, Andy Sivak, Brad J, Celia Joanna Stanford, Elaine Lantz, Gene Lantz, Francisco Paco Cantu, Frank Valdez , Sheila Valdez, Hernando Martinez, Jaime Martinez, John Stanford, Paul Hill, Richard Pressman, Stewart Minor.
Mother's Day for Joanna Stanford
2009 Mother's Day Greetings and Love to the multi-talented Joanna Stanford — now in hospice care — whose life has combined love of family with distribution of the People's Weekly World and predecessor papers, and with the struggle for a world of peace, justice, freedom, art, dance, dolls and handicrafts.
Signatories included Frank Valdez.
Former Party member
In 2010 Valdez described himself as a "former member of the CPUSA who has maintained relations with the party".
Free the Cuban 5
In 2009, over 100 Texan activists wrote a Letter from San Antonio Activists Supporting the Cuban 5 to President Carter:
We actors, artists, writers, teachers, cultural workers and other activists in the struggle for peace and justice in San Antonio, Texas, have read the letter that twenty Actors and Artists United for the Freedom of the Cuban 5 wrote you on April 8. We agree with the contents of that letter, which we have copied below, and we wish to add our names as signers to that letter.
We are sending a copy of this letter to President Barack Obama, to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, to the five Cuban anti-terrorists who are in U.S. prisons, to the National Committee to Free the Cuban Five, and to the U.S. office of the International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5. Signers included Frank Valdez, Laborers Union 
Jose P. Bustamante April 23, 2011:
- People's Weekly World Sep 2 1995 p 14
- [ttp://www.sacurrent.com/sanantonio/out-of-hiding/Content?oid=2271248, San Antonio Current, Out of hiding By Lisa Sorg October 14, 2004]
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- [http://www.peoplesworld.org/mother-s-day-greetings-and-love-to-joanna-stanford/, PW, Mother's Day Greetings and Love to Joanna Stanford by: Friends May 1 2009]
- Marxism-Leninism Today, Letter from San Antonio Activists Supporting the Cuban 5 PDF Print E-mail Oct. 2, 2011