Speaker at From Manila to Manhattan
Communities Speak Out on Martial Law, Militarization, and Police Brutality
Saturday, October 29, 2005
New School University 66 West 12th Street
Partial Speaker List:
Dr. Joi Barrios poet/playright, professor, University of the Philippines-Diliman; convenor, Congress of Teachers for Nationalism and Democracy (CONTEND); board member- Philippine Studies Program of University of California
Left Forum 2009
The Right to the City:
- Marnie Brady, (Chair) - Graduate Center, CUNY
- Rob Robinson, Picture the Homeless
- Haeyoung Yoon, CAAV Organizing Asian Communities
- Peter Marcuse, Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of Architecture, Columbia University
- David Harvey, Anthropology, CUNY
- Rene Francisco Poitevin, Director, Community Learning Initiative, Gallatin Faculty, New York University
- Nova Strachan, Mothers on the Move
- Esther Wang, Committee Against Anti-Asian Violence
The Chinese Progressive Association (San Francisco) Celebrates 45 years of Resilience and Resistance.
On Saturday, October 7, 2017, the Chinese Progressive Association (San Francisco) will celebrate our 45th anniversary with the theme, “Harnessing the Strength of a Thousand Rivers.
Host committee members were:
Fahd Ahmed, Alysabeth Alexander, Mike Casey, Myra Chow,Cathy Dang, Antonio Diaz, Supervisor Sandy Lee Fewer, Norman Fong, Conny Ford, Alicia Garza,George Goehl, Rudy Gonzales, Corinna Gould, Sherry Hirota, Dana Kawaoka-Chen, Helen Kim, Supervisor Jane Kim, Aarti Kohli, Laura Livoti, Gordon Mar, Xavier Morales, Vanessa Moses, Tim Paulson, Supervisor Aaron Peskin, Ai-jen Poo, and Mu Ping Poo, Supervisor Hillary Ronen, Saket Soni, Sarath Suong, Mabel Teng, Shiree Teng, Supervisor Norman Yee, Haeyoung Yoon, Miya Yoshitani, Anand Singh.