Rabbi David Saperstein serves on the People for the American Way Foundation's Board of Directors. He was designated in Newsweek's 2009 list as the most influential rabbi in the country and described in aWashington Postprofile as "the quintessential religious lobbyist on Capitol Hill".
Council on Foreign Relations
Saperstein serves on the Council on Foreign Relations - Religion Initiative Advisory Committee, as of March 15, 2010:
Faith in Public Life
In 2004, Rev. Jim Wallis, Rabbi David Saperstein, Melissa Rogers, Rev. James Forbes, Ricken Patel and Sister Catherine Pinkerton were involved with the initiative from which Faith in Public Life was created. Officially launched in 2006, the organization seeks to build the faith movement’s media presence and capacity, providing strategic assistance to faith-based coalitions, brokering new partnerships, developing online communities, sponsoring opinion research, and amplifying the voices of emerging religious leaders.
Obama's Faith Council
As at March 15, 2010, President Obama's White House Advisory Council on Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships included Saperstein.
Jewish Funds for Justice
Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011
David Saperstein was one of the 158 speakers who addressed the Take Back the American Dream Conference 2011 . The Conference was hosted by the Institute for Policy Studies, and Democratic Socialists of America dominated Campaign for America's Future, 
March 16, 2012, Washington, DC: Today at the Sudanese Embassy, 2210 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, TransAfrica Forum President Nicole Lee joined actor and activist George Clooney who just returned from a trip to Sudan and NAACP President Benjamin Jealous, human rights advocate Martin Luther King III and Representative Al Green to demand immediate action to stop Sudan’s use of food as a weapon. All were arrested.
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir is blocking food and humanitarian aid from reaching half a million people in the Nuba Mountains and Blue Nile regions where they are at grave risk of starvation.
- Hundreds of activists are demonstrating at the Sudanese Embassy this morning starting at 10am
Also at the protest were Tom Andrews, President, United to End Genocide, Nick Clooney, Journalist, Bishop Andudu Adam Elnail, Anglican Bishop of Kadugli, South Kordofan, Rabbi Steve Gutow, President, Jewish Council for Public Affairs, Fred Kramer, Executive Director, Jewish World Watch, Congressman Jim McGovern, Congressman James Moran, Dr. E. Faye Williams, national chair of the National Congress of Black Women, Inc., Rabbi David Saperstein, Dick Gregory, and Rep. John Olver.
- Board of Directors
- Religious Action Center website: David Saperstein biography
- Religion Initiative webpage: Religious Advisory Committee
- Faith in Public Life website: About (accessed on Aug. 23, 2010)
- White House website: Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships: Final Vote Tallies on Non-Consensus Reform Report Issues
- JFJ website: Board (accessed on Jan. 18, 2011)
- Our Future website: Take Back the American Dream 2011 Speakers (accessed on Sept. 22, 2011)
- TransAfrica FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 16, 2012 PROTEST AT SUDANESE EMBASSY TO STOP SUDAN’S WEAPONS OF MASS STARVATION
- Daytona Times, Locked up with George Clooney March 31, 2012