David Ewing is a Northern California activist.
Left Forum 2015
Sea Changes: China and the World Since 2008
- Gary Hicks, Chair Artworks for the People Berkeley CA
- Wadih Halabi Center for Marxist Education, Cambridge MA
- Duncan McFarland Center for Marxist Education, Cambridge MA
- David Ewing US-China Peoples Friendship Association
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 David Ewing, Northern California , was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 David Ewing, Vietnam Veterans of America, San Francisco, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
"China, The Working Class, Unions And The Economy" forum
On July 6 2011 a forum "China, The Working Class, Unions And The Economy" was held at the Niebyl-Proctor Marxist Library, 6501 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland California .
- China is now developing into the largest economy in the world and this forum will discuss how this affects Chinese working people, unions (official & independent) and the Chinese people. It will also look at how the US government, U.S. unions and media look at this development
A panel followed by audience discussion:
- David Ewing, US-China Peoples Friendship Association, San Francisco