Abbas Falasteen Hamideh
- 1 Background
- 2 Swearing In with Rep. Rashida Tlaib
- 3 Connections to Rashida Tlaib
- 4 From the River to the Sea
- 5 Doxxing Kalman Yeger
- 6 Host of Support Palestine in DC 2017! (Official)
- 7 Invited to Anti-Trevor Loudon Protest
- 8 Left Forum 2015
- 9 Rally Against "Israeli Violence" in Gaza
- 10 References
Abbas Falasteen Hamideh is Executive director of the Palestine Right to Return Coalition. He is based in Cleveland, Ohio. According to the Anti-Defamation League, Abbas Hamideh has "a record of praising terrorist groups including Hamas and Hezbollah, equating Zionists with Nazis, and denying Israel’s right to exist. Hamideh was born and raised in Puerto Rico."
- "Hamideh’s brand of anti-Zionist activism includes opposing solidarity with American Jews who identify as Zionists. This apparently applies even in the aftermath of tragedy; following the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting in late October 2018, when Muslims across the country were uniting in solidarity with Jews, Hamideh issued several tweets which denigrated such bridge-building efforts. “I don’t find Muslims holding hands with Zionist congregations amusing,” he wrote. “Those engaged in such activities are betraying the Palestinian martyrs falling daily. It is treason to the Palestinian struggle.” In another tweet, he stated that “You’re not standing with Jews when you stand with Zionists. That’s like standing with the KKK after a church attack.” In response to a tweet calling for renewed vigilance against anti-Semitism, including anti-Semitism expressed by the terrorist group Hamas, Hamideh tweeted, “Your whining statement will not intimidate legitimate criticism against Zionist terrorism in Occupied Palestine. israel [sic]remains an illegal racist and supremacist entity, and we will fight it until the end. You have no future in Palestine. Get out!”
- "Hamideh has also expressed strong support for Rasmea Odeh, a member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, who was convicted of planting the explosives used in two 1969 Jerusalem bombings. In April, 2018, Hamideh tweeted about The Islamic House of Wisdom honoring Barbara McQuade, “who’s responsible for stripping away Rasmea Odeh’s citizenship & deportation recently.” He called Odeh “a tremendous Palestinian woman who…worked tirelessly for her people.” In January 2016, Hamideh expressed his support by tweeting, “I proudly stand with my fellow Palestinian, Rasmea Odeh! Long live Palestine! #Justice4Rasmea.”
Swearing In with Rep. Rashida Tlaib
Abbas Hamideh poses with Rep. Rashida Tlaib at a swearing-in ceremony and private dinner in Detroit on Jan. 12, 2019.
Connections to Rashida Tlaib
- "Congratulations! Rashida Tlaib won the Democratic nomination for the House in Michigan's 13th District, putting her on track to become the first Muslim and Palestinian-American congresswoman in US history. She will run unopposed in November's special elections as the Republican Party has not put forward any candidate to contest the seat. The daughter of Palestine did it! Mabrook! — with Abbas Hamideh and Rashida Tlaib."
From the River to the Sea
- "Rep. Rashida Tlaib's close friend, Hezbollah loyalist, Abbas Hamideh led a Racist & anti-Semitic rally last week/
- "Abbas Hamideh wore the Palestinian war scarf keffiyeh, the New Swastika while chanting...
- ""From the River, to the Sea"...the call for the genocide of the Jewish people!"
Doxxing Kalman Yeger
On March 28 2019, Abbas Hamideh doxed NYC councilman Kalman Yeger by providing his home address on Facebook and asking people to go to his home and protest. Event is endorsed by: Jewish Voice for Peace, Black Lives Matter Brooklyn, South Brooklyn Democratic Socialists of America, New York Progressive Action Network, Union of Arab Women & Yalla Brooklyn.
From the Facebook Invitation:
- "By his own admission, this is not the first time Councilman Yeger has denied the existence of Palestinians. His offensive comments delegitimizes [sic] the entirety of Palestinian people and culture. Simply put, his saying Palestine doesn’t exist, means he is saying that Palestinians don’t exist.
- "Join us at this protest to denounce Councilman Yeger’s abhorrent comments and stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people.
- "This protest will take place in front of the councilman’s home.
Listed as sponsors:
- Bay Ridge for Social Justice
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- New York Progressive Action Network
- NYC Democratic Socialists of America
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- Black Lives Matter Brooklyn
- South Brooklyn Democratic Socialists of America ( DSA)
- NYC DSA
- New York Progressive Action Network (NYPAN)
- Union of Arab Women
- Yalla Brooklyn
- Samer Dabat
- Abbas Hamideh
- Omar Khalil
- Alex Pellitteri
- Kara Stephens
- Eli Goldberg
- Amaon Ali Yafai
- Thasfia Chowdhury
- Kalid El-rowmeim
- Sydul Choudhury
- Ben Andersen
- Alex Petkanas
- Emmaia Gelman
- Blake Morris
- Suad Abuhasna
- Jasi Robinson
- Luz Schreiber
- Faisal Jemba
- Uniska Wahala Kano
- Michael Emperor
- Joseph Lubitz
- Layla Darwish
- Corey Pickering
- Falestine Ali Omar
- Jennifer Gaboury
- Tzvia Thier
- Hazem Behiry
- Widad Indie
- Ariel Kohane
- Linda Sarsour
- Ghazala Munawar
- Ilana CZ
- Ursula Rozum
- Mark Hanna
- Rama Issa-Ibrahim
- Zachariah Hammoudi Barghouti
Host of Support Palestine in DC 2017! (Official)
Don Bryant is listed as a host of a Facebook event titled "Support Palestine in DC 2017! (Official)." Other hosts are Abbas Hamideh, Brian Becker, Sarah Sloan, Abbas Bazzi, Faaiza Amna Hameed and Robert Martin.
The Facebook invitation reads:
- "Support Palestine! Protest AIPAC! #SupportPalestineInDC2017
- Al-Awda, The Palestine Right To Return and our co-organizer, ANSWER COALITION will once again spearhead this National Rally to Support Palestine in DC 2017! This rally will start at The White House with thousands of people from across the nation and around the world and ending up in front of AIPAC's annual convention! AIPAC is the primary organization lobbying to continue the brutal illegal occupation of Palestine for over 68 years. We must protest to end this outrageous lobby that ultimately supports the oppression and ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people! Please come out and support the Palestinian people in their noble struggle to be free! End AIPAC! End the illegal occupation of Palestine from the River to the Sea!"
Invited to Anti-Trevor Loudon Protest
From a Facebook invitation:
- "Join this protest. Stand against white supremacist, Islamophobic hate groups in Ohio!"
- "The Cleveland group...will feature speaker Trevor Louden,[sic] another xenophobic extremist. Louden[sic] will be promoting his film, The Enemy Within,[sic] which alleges that there’s a Muslim/ communist conspiracy afoot to overthrow the U.S. government."
Abbas Falasteen Hamideh was "invited" to the event.
Left Forum 2015
Abbas Falasteen Hamideh was listed as a speaker at a panel discussion titled "Dreaming to be Free: Ferguson, Palestine and the Fight for Migration Justice" at the Left Forum 2015.
- Eyad Alkurabi, Chair Hampton Institute
- Cristina Jimenez, United We Dream Network
- Rachel Gilmer, The African American Policy Forum
- Colia Clark
- Abbas Hamideh, al-awda.org
- Christopher Magno, Gannon University
- Susan Massad Framingham State University
Rally Against "Israeli Violence" in Gaza
Abbas Falasteen Hamideh Member Cleveland spoke at an August 2, 2014 "Rally Against Israeli Violence in Gaza", organised by ANSWER Lafayette Park. Speakers included; Osamah Abuirshaid National Coordinator American Muslims for Palestine, Salim Adofo Vice Chair National Black United Front, Lydia Catina Amaya Community Organizer Damayan Migrant Workers Associatio, Mohsin Ansari Chair ICNA Relief USA, Nihad Awad Co-Founder and Exec. Dir. Council on American Islamic Relations, Brian Becker National Director Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (ANSWER), Mahdi Bray National Director AMERICAN MUSLIM ALLIANCE POLITICAL ACTION, Karina Garcia Organizer Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (ANSWER), Carol Gay President New Jersey Industrial Union Council, Tarak Kauff Board Member Veterans for Peace, Alli McCracken National Coordinator CodePink: Women for Peace, Ray McGovern Analyst (Former) Central Intelligence Agency, Carl Messineo, Co-Founder Partnership for Civil Justice, Akbar Muhammad Representative, Nation of Islam, Lucy Murphy Singer, Mike Prysner Veteran Iraq War, Eugene Puryear Member Act Now to Stop War and End Racism (ANSWER), Tareq Radi Founder George Mason University->Students Against Israeli Apartheid, Khalilah Sabra Executive Director MAS Immigrant Justice Center, Cornel West Professor Emeritus Princeton University->Center for African American Studies, Ann Wright Activist, Fadi Zanayed Attorney Palestinian American Council.
- Accessed on March 28 2019
- Abbas Hamideh accessed March 28 2019
- Accessed on March 28 2019
- Accessed on March 28 2019
- Facebook Invitation accessed March 28 2019
- Support Palestine in DC 2017! (Official), Accessed on March 25 2017
- Stand Against Hate - NE Ohio, Accessed on March 20 2017
- CSPAN AUGUST 2, 2014 Rally Against Israeli Violence in Gaza