The ANSWER Coalition (aka ANSWER: Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) (aka International ANSWER) is an anti-American, anti-Israel, pro-North Korea organization associated with the Party for Socialism and Liberation.
People's Congress of Resistance is a project endorsed by the ANSWER Coalition.
March Forward! is "an affiliate of the ANSWER Coalition."
ANSWER was "founded just three days after the September 11, 2001 attacks, ANSWER "has played an important role in the fight against racist and religious profiling, in support of immigrant and workers’ rights, and for economic and social justice for all. Our members are engaged in a range of struggles, from the local battles against police brutality to the international campaigns against militarism and war."
From their website:
- "Founded just three days after the September 11, 2001 attacks, ANSWER (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) initiated the massive U.S. antiwar movement opposing the U.S.invasion of Iraq in the months prior to March 19, 2003.
- "The ANSWER Coalition demonstration of 200,000 people on October 26, 2002, in Washington, D.C. ignited a nationwide and global antiwar movement that was nearly unprecedented in history. On January 18, 2003, 500,000 people packed the Mall in Washington, D.C. under the slogan “Stop the War Before It Starts.” The Washington Post described the January 18 demonstration as the largest antiwar protest since the end of the Vietnam War.
- "On February 15, 2003, many millions of people, in nearly every country in the world, joined together in the largest coordinated antiwar actions in history.
- "On April 12, 2003, just 3 days after the U.S. invasion force conquered Baghdad the ANSWER coalition organized a demonstration of 30,000 people in downtown Washington, D.C. under the slogan “Occupation is not Liberation.” This marked the beginning of a new stage of the U.S.antiwar movement which slowly regained its massive character as the resistance movement in Iraq made it clear that the occupation of Iraq would fail.
- "A distinguishing feature of the organizing principles and work of the answer coalition, in contrast with the traditional U.S.peace movement was its uncompromising support in defense of the rights of the Palestinian people.
- "In April 2002, the ANSWER Coalition organized the largest demonstrations in solidarity with the Palestinian people in U.S. history, of more than 100,000 people.
- "ANSWER, which at its core included a partnership between Arab and non-Arab activists, fought a long and successful battle against excluding the Palestinian struggle for self-determination from the anti-war and peace movement. In the years since, we have mobilized across the country to stop the repeated assaults against and massacres of the people of Gaza.
- "Most recently ANSWER lead a march of 50,000 people in Washington, D.C. on August 2, 2014 to protest the Israeli massacre against people in Gaza.
- "ANSWER has mobilized against the illegal coup and UN occupation of Haiti, against the illegal blockade of Cuba, and the illegal 'regime change' war on Libya.
- "We are actively fighting against the ongoing occupation of Afghanistan, the renewed assaults on Iraq and Syria, the drone attacks on Yemen, Pakistan and Somalia, among others.
- "In recent years, March Forward!, an affiliate of the ANSWER Coalition, has brought together anti-war veterans and active-duty service members to fight for their rights and oppose U.S. wars of aggression.
- "ANSWER has played an important role in the fight against racist and religious profiling, in support of immigrant and workers’ rights, and for economic and social justice for all. Our members are engaged in a range of struggles, from the local battles against police brutality to the international campaigns against militarism and war.
- "ANSWER Chapters are organizing in cities and towns throughout the United States connecting the flight for social justice at home and in opposition to war and occupation abroad."
Hands Off Venezuela
- "U.S. hands off Venezuela!
- "NO to the coup — NO to sanctions — NO to a new U.S. war
- "On Saturday, March 16, thousands of people from all over the United States will march in Washington, D.C. against the Trump administration’s brazen coup in Venezuela and a new devastating war there. The outrageous, illegal attacks against Venezuela repeats the ugly pattern of wars for regime change in the oil-rich countries of Iraq and Libya. National Security Advisor John Bolton is reading from the same script, declaring a “troika of tyranny” in Latin America (like the George W. Bush’s “axis of evil”) as a precursor for attempted regime change first in Venezuela, and then Cuba and Nicaragua. Trump has always said that the real “mistake” of the Middle East wars was that the U.S. didn’t “take the oil.”
- "It is time to stand up and with a clear voice say NO to the newest example of the “Monroe Doctrine,” which the U.S. government has used for over two centuries to repeatedly invade Latin America and Caribbean, control its politics and extract its resources.
- "The White House aims to overthrow the government of President Nicolás Maduro and replace him with Juan Guaidó. Guaidó is a U.S.-trained operative who was unknown to the vast majority of Venezuelans before he proclaimed himself president — at Vice President Mike Pence’s urging. Although Guaidó has the backing of Trump, the CIA, and the Republican and Democratic Party leaderships alike, huge numbers of Venezuelans have marched to reject this coup and defend their independence.
- "On March 16, the people of the United States will show the world that the billionaire politicians do not speak for us. We say:
- "-U.S. hands off Venezuela!
- "-NO to the coup — the U.S. does not have the right to select other country’s leaders!
- "-NO to the sanctions, oil embargo and economic war on Venezuela that is already causing suffering for ordinary people in the country.
- "-NO to military intervention and war from the U.S. and their proxies in the region.
- ANSWER Coalition
- Black Alliance for Peace
- Alliance for Global Justice
- Popular Resistance
- Cuba and Venezuela Solidarity Committee
- Haiti Liberte
- International Support Haiti Network
- Popular Education Project
- Abby Martin, journalist, The Empire Files
- Dr. Jill Stein, 2016 Green Party presidential candidate
- Dr. Jared Ball, Prof. of Communication Studies, Morgan State Univ., imixwhatilike.org
- Medea Benjamin, activist and author, CodePink
- Cindy Sheehan, activist and author, Cindy Sheehan’s Soapbox
- Berthony Dupont, Director, Haiti Liberte
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, constitutional rights attorney
- Max Blumenthal, journalist
- Ajamu Baraka, National Organizer, Black Alliance for Peace
- Mike Prysner, Iraq War veteran, producer, The Empire files
- Dr. George Ciccariello-Maher, author
- Dr. Anthony Monteiro, Saturday Free School
- Dr. Jodi Dean, author, Prof. of Political Science, Hobart & William Smith Colleges
- Gloria La Riva, National Coordinator, Cuba and Venezuela Solidarity Committee
- Kim Ives, journalist
- Anoa Changa, host, The Way With Anoa
- Dan Cohen, journalist and filmmaker
- Chuck Kaufman, National Co-Coordinator, Alliance for Global Justice
- Eugene Puryear, Stop Police Terror Project
- Jeanette Charles, International Solidarity Liaison, Venezuela Analysis
- Lucas Koerner, Editor and Analyst, Venezuela Analysis
- Margaret Flowers, Co-Coordinator, Popular Resistance
- Kevin Zeese, Co-Coordinator, Popular Resistance
- Daniel Kovalik, author and human rights lawyer
- Mahdi Bray, National Director, American Muslim Alliance (AMA)
- Brian Becker, National Director, ANSWER Coalition
The ANSWER Coalition is a member of the Task Force to Stop THAAD in Korea and End Militarism in Asia and the Pacific. A press release issued July 24, 2017 describes a U.S. delegation "[C]alling for the removal of the U.S. THAAD missile defense system from South Korea, an end to the U.S.-South Korea War Games in exchange for a freeze of North Korea’s nuclear weapons and missile programs, the replacement of the Korean War Armistice with a peace treaty, and the peaceful reunification of Korea, the delegation will share its message of solidarity with villagers of Seongju, Soseongri and Gimcheon where the THAAD interceptors are deployed, and with a broad spectrum of peace activists in Seoul."
- "Delegation coordinator Juyeon Rhee of the Task Force to Stop THAAD in Korea and End Militarism in Asia and the Pacific was blocked from boarding a plane at LaGuardia Airport in New York City on the morning of June 22. A protest campaign to demand that her travel ban be lifted is currently underway, with hundreds of organizations and individuals sending letters of protest to Moon Jae-In and the Blue House, including prominent peace activists like Nobel Peace Laureate, Mairead Maguire; Academy Award-winning director, Oliver Stone; and American author and Pulitzer Prize winner, Alice Walker. To add your voice, see www.StopTHAAD.org.
- "The delegation is sponsored by the Task Force to Stop THAAD in Korea and End Militarism in Asia and the Pacific and the Channing and Popai Liem Education Foundation.
- "The delegation will be hosted in South Korea by the National People’s Action to Stop the Deployment of THAAD in South Korea (NPA), a coalition of 100 civil society organizations. The NPA was formed August 2016 (expanding an earlier formation) with the goal of achieving the repeal of the decision to deploy THAAD in South Korea.
- "The solidarity statement of the delegation, “No to THAAD in Korea, Yes to Peace through Dialogue,” has the support of over 270 individuals and nearly 90 organizations, including well-known U.S. peace activists and educators Noam Chomsky, MIT; Daniel Ellsberg, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation; Chris Hedges, author/activist; Gwyn Kirk, Women for Genuine Security; Oliver Stone, Academy Award-winning director; Cornel West, author/activist; and Ann Wright, former U.S. State Department official, Army colonel, and member of CODEPINK. The organizational endorsements are also worldwide, reflecting a recognition that peace in Korea serves not only local and regional but also global interests.
- "Returning to the United States on July 28, 2017, the delegates have pledged to build solidarity in the U.S. for the struggle against the stationing of THAAD in South Korea and the escalation of militarism in Asia. The delegates further call on peace-loving people in the United States and globally to join in this effort."
One of the major "anti-war" fronts of the Stalinist Workers World Party from the early 1990's through 2010, ANSWER sponsored many large protests over U.S. involvement in Iraq during both Gulf War I and Operation Iraqi Freedom, among other issues.
Over time, ANSWER has deleted from its website "www.internationalanswer.org" lists of speakers/participants and sponsors of its various protests but some have been saved (below).
Solidarity with North Korea
Larry Holmes, Workers World Party’s first secretary, led a three-person, party delegation to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea at the end of July, 2013. The DPRK was celebrating the 60th anniversary of the end of the Korean War.
According to Holmes: "We were not the only ones from the U.S. There was a delegation from the Socialist Workers Party. Progressive attorneys Ramsey Clark and Mara Verheyden-Hilliard were there, as was the ANSWER Coalition. 
ANSWER protests and participants/sponsors
January 18 National March on Washington DC and San Francisco (joint action); This was part of a Day of International Actions Against the War on Iraq
UPDATED LIST OF SPEAKERS AND MESSAGES (says "updated Nov. 22, 2002) printed out on 1/28/03)
- Patti Smith
- Pam Parker
- Luci Murphy - aka spelled as Lucy Murphy - a veteran performer at CPUSA affairs
Speakers & Messages:
- Cynthia McKinney - former Representative D-GA
- Bishop Thomas Gumbleton - Auxiliary Bishop, Catholic Archdiocese of Detroit Bishop
- Ramsey Clark - former US Attorney General (and creator of International Action Center IAC
- Rev.Al Sharpton - National Action Network NAN Reverend
- Rev.Herbert Daughtry - national pastor, House of the Lord Church, Brooklyn Reverend
- Mike Farrell - actor (MASH)
- Jessica Lange - actor
- Elizabeth McAlister - Jonah House (one of the Berrigan Brothers allies)
- Madhi Bray - Executive Director, Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation Muslim American Society (MAS) and veteran WWP fronts supporter/participant
- Brenda Stokely - President, District Council 1707 AFSCME; Co-Convener, New York City Labor Against the War
- Damu Smith - Black Voices for Peace, a veteran communist and terrorist causes supporter
- Michael Letwin - Co-Convener, New York City Labor Against the War, long associated with WWP fronts and causes
- Representative of 1199 SEIU New York's Health and Human Service Union - Local 1199 (SEIU)
- Ron Kovic - Vietnam veteran and author of "Born on the Fourth of July"
- Peta Lindsay - ANSWER Youth and Student Coordinator, Howard University student (later id. as a member of the WWP)
- Rev. Graylan Hagler - Senior Minister, Plymouth Congregational Church (Wash. D.C.), veteran supporter of WWP fronts and causes in Washington, D.C., Reverend
- Bayan Bayan USA-International - "Filipino community" - Source: http://www.iacenter.org/102602_[ress-c/htm, (a maoist oriented Philippino group based in the U.S.)
- Free Palestine Alliance
- Macrina Cardenas - Mexico Solidarity Network - a far-left organization
- Yoomi Jeong - Korea Truth Commission - probable WWP front; long associated with WWP fronts/causes
- Nicaragua Network - (pro-Sandinista organization)
- Partnership for Civil Justice - PCJ headed by WWP sympathizers/attorneys, wife and husband Mara Verheyden-Hilliard and Carl Messineo. Both are listed in ANSWER materials as members of the Marxist National Lawyers Guild (NLG)
- Muslim Student Association of the U.S. & Canada
- IFCO/Pastors for Peace - IFCO International Foundation for Community Organization, an old organization led by communist sympathizer Reverend Lucius Walker, Pastors for Peace, another front set up by Walker and other leftist clergymen
- International Action Center IAC - an early 1990's WWP front set up, in part, by Ramsay Clark
- Rev.John Dear - Reverend
- Medea Benjamin - Global Exchange a veterans supporter of communist fronts and cause including supporting Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and Saddam Hussein. Founder of Global Exchange and associated with Code Pink, along with Jodie Evans.
- Bill Fletcher - Bill Fletcher, Jr. - Co-Chair, United For Peace [UPJ]]; Transafrica, veteran marxist from Frontlines, Crossroads, Transactions, AFL-CIO, [DSA]], and a cofounder of Progressives For Obama PFO
- Blase Bonpane - Director, Office of the Americas, Reverend, veteran supporter of marxist fronts and causes in the U.S. and Central America
- Not In Our Name Project - Not In Our Name NION - an united front created by the maoist Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP), its fronts, and supporters from United For Peace & Justice (UPJ)
- Mumia Abu-Jamal - marxist and convicted police killer, Philadelphia
- New York Youth Bloc - a possible WWP front group
- Representative of women's struggle to defend reproductive rights on the 30th anniversary of Roe v. Wade
- Janeane Garofalo
- Jessica Lange
- Veterans For Peace - a 1980's creation by far-left marxists and supporters from the old Vietnam Veterans Against the War in Vietnam (VVAW), controlled by the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) and sympathizers
- 1199 SEIU New York's Health and Human Service Union - 1199 SEIU
- Fellowship of Reconciliation - an old member of the Hanoi Lobby, Anti-Defense Lobby and PLO Lobby
- Voices in the Wilderness - a radical group who supported Saddam Hussein
- School of the Americas Watch - a radical, marxist-oriented group led by Blas Bonpane
- New York Youth Block - possible WWP front
- Physicians for Social Responsibility PSR - a mixed group of radical and liberal doctors and aides
- Anti-Flag & A-F Records
- United for Peace - a mixed maoist/communist controlled group
- MADRE - a pro-communist aid group for the FMNL in El Salvador
- Board of Directors of Peace Action of Michigan - Peace Action
- Ramsey Clark to appear live on Al Jazeera on January 10, 2003
- http://www.answercoalition.org/who_we_are Who We Are, accessed July 30 2017
- https://www.facebook.com/events/lafayette-square-washington-dc/national-march-on-the-white-house-us-hands-off-venezuela/242059076711261/ Facebook accessed March 12 2019
- http://www.answercoalition.org/_official_press_release_u_s_peace_delegation_arrives_in_seoul_korea_to_unite_with_villagers_protesting_the_deployment_of_the_u_s_thaad_missile_defense_system_in_south_korea?utm_campaign=ANSWER%20Coalition&utm_campaign=news_07_28_2017&utm_medium=shared_article&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Facebook&utm_source=answercoalition [OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE] U.S. Peace Delegation in Seoul, Korea, to Unite with Villagers Protesting the Deployment of the U.S. THAAD Missile Defense System, accessed July 30 2017
- WW What workers need to know about Korea By Larry Holmes on August 28, 2013