A former legal worker with the United Farm Workers and the Pentagon Papers defense team, Marcy Winograd helped organize the Progressive Caucus of the California Democratic Party, crafting anti-war resolutions that swept party conventions across the country. In addition to working for an end to US occupations, Winograd led election protection efforts aimed at ensuring a verifiable voter paper trail and lobbied the FCC to oppose media consolidation. Winograd teaches job at Crenshaw High School in South Los Angeles, where "she inspires her students with debate teams, journalistic endeavors, and poetry slams". 
- An Elected Delegate from AD 50 (West LA) and a former CDP Executive Board member, Marcy Winograd was a founding member of the CDP Progressive Caucus and a co-convener of the Bernie Sanders DNC delegate election in CD-33. She blogs for Huffington Post and LA Progressive on privatization and militarization, major issues in her 2010 anti-war challenge to Blue Dog Jane Harman in the congressional Democratic primary.
- Marcy is a steering committee member of the Coalition for Police Reform, which addresses racial profiling and excessive force. She also organized with the Industrial Workers of the World to unionize Santa Monica beach maintenance workers. She is an active member of Jewish Voice for Peace.
- Marcy works as an education consultant to students with learning disabilities and their parents, and previously taught history, English, and communication. Marcy also co-authors a tween novel series featuring dynamic 11-year old activist Lola Zola who knows all about picket lines and social justice.
Support from Democratic Socialists of America
In 2006 Marcy Winograd received $250 from the Democratic Socialists of America Political Action Committee for her campaign as Democrats candidate for the California seat in the U.S. Congress primary.
Tim Carpenter claimed that Progressive Democrats of America had chalked up several achievements in its short life, successfully promoting initiatives by PDA board members John Conyers and James McGovern.
- PDA was the driving force in the passage of resolutions opposing the war in Iraq by eight state Democratic Party meetings. The organization also was instrumental in the passage of resolutions in 10 states calling for the impeachment of President Bush.
- PDA is often referred to by Congressional Progressive Caucus Executive Director Bill Goold as the CPC’s field operation, because PDA has built relationships with members of Congress by delivering grassroots support for their initiatives – from Rep. John Conyers’ investigation of the 2004 Ohio voting fraud to Rep. Jim McGovern’s bill to cut off funding for the war in Iraq, a current priority effort.
The organization worked hard for Marcy Winograd against Jane Harman and for other "progressive " Democrats including Donna Edwards, Christine Cegelis, Jerry McNerney, Tony Trupiano, John Hall, Jeff Latas, Gabby Giffords and Herb Paine.
Progressive Alliance endorsement
McNerney received $7000 in lobbying funds from Planned Parenthood in 2008.
In 2011, Marcy Winograd was a congressional candidate in the CA-36 May 17th Special Election. Her Jobs, With Peace platform called for a substantial reduction in the military budget to invest in new green jobs. Winograd mobilized 41% of the vote when she challenged Jane Harman in the 36th district congressional race in June, 2010. Daniel Ellsberg, Ron Kovic, and Dolores Huerta backed Winograd's campaign, supporting her call for an end to the US occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and restoration of constitutional rights
Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda
Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda, California Democratic Party Executive Board Meeting Sat., Nov.18, 2017 (8:15-10:15) The Westin SF Airport 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, CA 94030.
- Election for Progressive Caucus Communications & Media Officer, PC Secretary Marcy Winograd introduces the candidates.
- Update on the impact of Trump’s Muslim Ban – Speaker from CAIR-SF.
- UPTE-CWA Presentation: The $48 Fix/Reclaim California’s Master Plan for Higher Education – Speaker: Jonathan Abboud.
- Update on anti-BDS legislation – Speakers: David Mandel and Iyad Afalqa
- Autopsy Report: The Democratic Party in Crisis – Speaker: Karen Bernal