In 2017 Susie Shannon was Vice-Chair, Southern Region of the California Democratic Party Progressive Caucus.
- I have been a member of the Progressive Caucus since 2005, and an officer for 6 years. I served as a Bernie delegate to the 2016 Convention. I have experience and a comprehensive background in progressive politics and organizing. I am an advocate for homeless and low-income communities, and a fighter for progressive issues such as opposing fracking and the TPP, opposing DAPL, promoting single payer healthcare, ending income inequality, advocating for animal welfare, and fighting for the rights of the LGBTQIA community. I co-directed a documentary called Back from Iraq, organized rallies, forums, and protests on most of the issues subscribed to by the Progressive Caucus, trained new delegates, helped get progressives elected at all levels and have been successful in passing many resolutions and platform language within the California Democratic Party.
Endorsed Marcy Winograd
In 2006 Susie Shannon, 42nd AD of the California Democratic Party was a Delegate endorser of Marcy Winograd of the Los Angeles Progressive Democrats of America in her unsuccessful primary bid for the Democratic Party nomination 26th Congressional District in California
Woolsey/Sheinbaum fund raiser
Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, the first Member of Congress to call on the President to bring our troops home, was be in Los Angeles on Saturday February 4th 2006, for a 'very exciting but critical fundraiser against the most well-known, well-financed challenger she's ever faced". woolsey was facing a primary challenge from a termed-out Assemblyman Joe Nation, a moderate Democrat who has been critical of her stand on the war and on bringing home our troops. He is raising money from people who have given money to Tom DeLay and Bush-Cheney and his legislative district covers 60+% of Congresswoman Woolsey's district. Congresswoman Woolsey is a "champion of equal rights, civil liberties, protecting the environment and fighting for single payer healthcare. Congresswoman Woolsey must be re-elected by the same victory margin she has had in the past to send a message to progressives everywhere that's it IS OK to be courageous, and to not back down on issues that matter."
The Host Committee for this fundraiser includes:
Ben Affleck; Ed Asner; Warren Beatty; Jodie Evans; James Cromwell; Matt Damon; Tom Hayden; Wendy Herzog; Mimi Kennedy; Norman Lear; Stephen Rohde; Susie Shannon; Stanley Sheinbaum & Betty Sheinbaum; Lorraine Sheinberg; Kathy Spillar; Gloria A. Totten; Peg Yorkin; Senator Barbara Boxer; Congressman Joe Baca; Congressman Xavier Becerra; Congresswoman Lois Capps; Congresswoman Jane Harman; Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald; Congresswoman Grace Napolitano; Congresswoman; Lucille Roybal-Allard; Congresswoman Linda Sanchez; Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez; Congressman Adam Schiff; Congresswoman Hilda Solis; Congresswoman Maxine Waters; Congresswoman Diane Watson; Senator Sheila Kuehl and Assemblywoman Karen Bass.
Progressive Democrats of the Santa Monica Mountains, 10th Anniversary
Progressive Democrats of the Santa Monica Mountains Tim Carpenter Courage Award Recipients
- Tom Hayden, Lifetime achievement awards
- Alan Grayson, Inside the Democratic Party
- Marcia Hanscom, Outside the Democratic Party
Special guests - Ted Lieu, Ben Allen, Fran Pavley, Eric Bauman, Alan Minsky, Lila Garrett, Harvey Wasserman, Russell Greene, Ricco Ross, Jerry Manpearl, Richard Bloom, Mimi Kennedy, R.L. Miller, Susie Shannon, Jan Goodman, Nick Donovan, Paul Song, Sandra Fluke, Estee Chandler.
- Endorsers of Winograd
- http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc.html?gpp=6486&pst=347342 LA Event Featuring Warren Beatty, Matt Daman for Lynn Woolsey 2/4/06 January 31, 2006 3:45 PM