Hyman J. Hirshfield
Dr. Hyman (Hy) J. Hirshfield was a medical doctor with a concentration on Pulmonary science. He was also an activist in Chicago.
Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights
In 1970, the Board of Directors of the then Communist Party USA front Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights consisted of Rev. Frederic E. Sau, Harry Barnard, Boris Brail, Edward Carey, Milt Cohen, Ernest DeMaio ,Rev.William D. Faw, Richard Galloway, Prof. Charles H. George, Prof. Margaret Y. George, Ben Green, Pearl Hart, Dr. Hyman J. Hirshfield, David C. Jensen, Daniel Kaufman, Rev. S. Hunter Leggitt, Harry Mack, Rev. Daniel J. Malette, Lafayette Marsh, Rev. Francis J. McGrath, Akiro Makino , Ruth Muench, Isadore Pomerantz, Jesse Prosten, Don Rose, Norman Roth, Dr. Boris Rubenstein, Evelyn Salk, Thomas Slater, Walter Soroka, Jack Spiegel, Prof. William Starr, Lynward Stevenson, Edmonia Swanson, Gil Terry, Rev.C. T. Vivian, Otto Wander, Rabbi Burr Yampol, Dr. Quentin Young.
Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights Bicentennial Celebration
In 1992 Hyman Hirshfield and Pearl Hirshfiel were members of the Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights, a long time front for the Communist Party USA, then dominated by members of the newly formed Committees of Correspondence.
Tribute to Golub and Montgomery
On November 16, 1989, Hyman J. Hirshfield and Pearl Hirshfield served on the Tribute Committee for the Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights Tribute to Leon Golub and Lucy Montgomery, held at the Congress Hotel, Chicago.
Committees of Correspondence Connection
In 1994 Hyman J. Hirshfield and Pearl Hirshfield of Chicago were listed on a "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" for the Chicago Committees of Correspondence, an offshoot of the Communist Party USA.
- Cystic Pulmonary Cirrhosis (Bronchiolar Emphysema) : Muscular Cirrhosis of the Lungs
- Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights Letterhead Feb 1965
- Full text of "The nationwide drive against law enforcement intelligence operations : hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, first session page 151
- Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights Bicentennial Celebration Program, Nov. 10, 1991
- CCDBR 1992 membership list
- Tribute to Golub and Montgomery: Program, Nov. 16, 1989
- Chicago CoC "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" 10.14.94