Tristan Rader has managed successful start-ups and provided community outreach for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank and many volunteer organizations. He has organized diverse communities, as a local field director for Senator Bernie Sanders, and as co-founder of the Cuyahoga County Progressive Caucus in Lakewood. 
Married to Caitlin Rader.
Tristan Rader supporters
Tristan Rader November 11, 2017 near Lakewood, OH ·
Thank you, Kristine Pagsuyoin, Matt Kuhns, Deb Bysak Sweeney and Donna Kolis. I think everyone who had any involvement in this past election will attest... without you, none of this would have happened and we would NOT have won. Know how much I appreciate all of you!! There are so many others deserving of thanks and praise... Bonny, Pat, Art Pagsuyoin, Susan E. Bradley, Tim, Tim Collingwood, Eric, Charles Milsaps, Erin L. Rader, Matt Marton, Mark Sweeney, Mike Deneen, Mike Foley, Michael Berler, Michael Skindell, Kevin Young, Jennifer Scott, Greg Murray, Lain Pierce, Steve Holecko, Steven Stringer, Brad Presutto, David Nader, Kristin Sullivan Warzocha, Brian Taubma, Lauren Whittingham-Bonse, Laura Rodriguez Carbone, Sarah Kolberg, Stanley D. Austin, Vonni Rubin, Rosemary Palmer, Chris Feighan, Kate McCarthy, Lorita Green, Veronica Cole, Kathy Sinatra-Curran, Casey Davis, Bill Grulich, DL Meckes, Pam Wetula, Dan Alaimo, Dan Ramos, Jeanette Riffle, Keith Mundy, Marc Dann, Dennis Kucinich, Nina Turner... And so many others!! AND of course, my beautiful and supportive wife Caitlin Rader, I love you and thank you!!
National DSA endorsement
Democratic Socialists of America, August 1, 2017.
- Our national has an announcement: we are proud to endorse a new list of candidates across the nation.
- Khader El-Yateem, New York City Council
- Tristan Rader, Lakewood, OH, City Council
- Jabari Brisport, New York City Council
- Jon Grant, Seattle City Council
- Ginger Jentzen, Minneapolis City Council
- JT Scott, Somerville, MA Board of Aldermen
November 7, 2017 city council seat victories for socialists include self-described democratic socialist Tristan Rader in Lakewood, Ohio; and Democratic Socialists of America members Denise Joy in Billings, Montana, who won by more than eight hundred votes; Charles Decker in New Haven, Connecticut; Justin Farmer in Hamden, Connecticut; and Joel Sipress who won with 67 percent of the vote in Duluth’s 2nd District. Democratic Socialists of America Buffalo vice chair Brian Nowak also won a seat in Cheektowaga, as did dues-paying Democratic Socialists of America member Ross Grooters, who ran a campaign championing clean water and living wages.
DSA elected official
- The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) today (11/9/17) announced that its membership now includes 15 new elected officials. This is in addition to 20 elected already in offices around the United States. On Tuesday the DSA was represented in 25 elections across 13 different states. Four of those running have national endorsements from the DSA, and many others were supported by our local chapters.
- Tristan’s campaign for Lakewood City Council was about reprioritizing basic, people-first government. Strong public services, an inclusive culture, and genuinely open, democratic decision-making are concepts that he hopes most people support, and he’s honored that Lakewood endorsed this platform today. As a DSA member, he will continue working to make it a reality for all. He is very glad that DSA was a part of this campaign and will be part of that ongoing work.
DSA Elected Officials, March 2019
From a March 6, 2019 by DSA National Electoral Committee statement "DSA Elected Officials Support Teacher Power and Working People Everywhere."
Endorsing Democratic Socialists of America members included Tristan Rader, Councilmember At-Large, Lakewood, OH.
- [https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/11/election-day-socialists-carter-brisport-jentzen-singh-krasner-dsa Jacobin Yesterday Was a Good Day BRANKO MARCETIC 11.08.2017]
- [ http://www.dsausa.org/15_dsa_members_elected DL 15 DSA Members Elected!, 2017 election Posted by Dsa 🌹 on 11.09.17 By Democratic Socialists of America]