Template:TOCnestleft Thenmozhi Soundararajan
DSA Muslims Town Hall - ABOLISHING THE WAR ON TERROR
Join the DSA Muslims working group Monday 6/14 at 6pm ET/5pm CT/4pm MT/3pm PT to discuss how state surveillance has harmed our communities and our demands for its abolition. ✊
As the Biden administration marks over 100 days in office and continues harmful surveillance programs while considering new domestic terrorism and surveillance initiatives in the aftermath of the January 6th coup, we must understand how mass surveillance has come to be ubiquitous in our society. At this town hall, we’ll take a historical lens to understand why state apparatuses created mass surveillance programs, how those programs evolved in the aftermath of 9/11, and what the future of surveillance will look like.
Our ultimate aim is to harness the power of our communities to abolish the War on Terror, including mass surveillance. The second half of our town hall will be a community discussion on how state surveillance has harmed our communities and on the demands we want to raise against it.
- Thenmozhi Soundararajan, Executive Director, Equality Labs
- Myaisha Hayes, Campaign Strategies Director, MediaJustice
- Meral Kocak, Legal Fellow, Project South
- Yazan Za3za3, Community Organizer, Vigilant Love
- Darakshan Raja, Co-Founder/Co-Director, Justice for Muslims Collective