New Mayor and New Politics
On May 17 1983 Ron Davis was a Panelist on A New Mayor and New Politics forum at Chicago State University Auditorium.
- The election of Harold Washington as Mayor of Chicago was more than one man's victory. It was a progressive people's declaration. The Black community and progressive Latinos and whites formed an unbetable force in a campaign for justice and equality.
Panelist were Paul Booth, Juanita Bratcher, David Canter, Slim Coleman, Danny Davis, Keith Davis, Ron Davis, Ishmael Flory, Rev Harry Gibson, Nancy Jefferson, Richard Newhouse, Lu Palmer, Art Vasquez, Conrad Worrill sponsored by Black Press Institute and Independent Citizens Alliance.
- Ron Sable
- Dwayne Harris, 21st Century Vote
- David Orr Cook County Clerk
- Ernestine Whiting, ACORN
- Madeline Talbott, ACORN
- Bessie Cannon, President SEIU Local 880
- Keith Kelleher, Head organizer SEIU Local 880
- Joe Gardner Commissioner, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Lou Pardo, (Northwest Voter Registration Project)
- Rene David Luna, (ADAPT)
- Dick Simpson
- Danny K. Davis
- Carol Harwell, United Voter Registration League
- Barack Obama
- Ron Davis
- Carl Davidson, Networking for Democracy
- Philip Jahn, Teamsters Local 743
- A Forum Pamphlet Harold Washington Papers
- Progressive Chicago letterheads November 5 and December 31, 1993